Diagnosis
7/2019
Country
SG
State
NA
City
Singapore
My fathers ALS symptoms starts right after he done his first chemotherapy. On next round of chemo, his symptoms becomes more worst and then in third round he was almost on wheelchair. We thought its chemo reactions and after various tests and rounds to hospital finally end up at neurologist and he diagnosed him with ALS.

Today when i meet my GP, i was generally discussing ALS of my father he asked me if he ever had radiotherapy. Then I cross question him why did you asked about radiotherapy and he mentioned one of his patient recently diagnosed with ALS and he had also radiotherapy and after that ALS symptoms shows up and finally he was diagnosed with ALS.

Maybe some poeples body react in different way to chemotherapy and its badly impacting motor neuron. Just a one assumption and maybe a thought for someone if anyone has to undergo chemo then have 2nd thought or have some test to make sure your body will be able to sustain those chemicals.

Added note… concerning anesthesia too.

PALS present increased risk for anesthesia-related complications too.
Most of all... if you are going to be anesthetized for a considerable
amount of time.

Your Anesthesiologist should be well informed concerning your ALS,
consult with your Neurologist what anesthesia options there are.

It’s been debated by some PALS who had lengthy surgery prior to ALS
and later in time were diagnosed with ALS. I recall there once was some
Threads discussing that.

I cannot say there is cause/effect result, but a relative developed Parkinson's. I'm very sorry about your father. B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back