Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be a weird one (again).
I only ever had one filing, then I broke that tooth, and had it removed.

Angie

Steven,

I am concerned that you are painting the world as those who want to "denigrate any hope" (not me, my husband used supplements and an experimental ACE regimen, not to mention ongoing BiPAP titration) vs. those who want to try anything.

The value of "evidence" is that we have some sense of risk vs. potential benefit, as we'd expect to evaluate in any disease. When you have a headache, you don't poison yourself with alcohol or knock yourself out in hopes of sleeping off the headache, in the name of "doing something."

I am happy to hear you are verifying (hopefully with a "mainstream lab") the statement that your mercury levels are 25x what they should be, as that seems very suspect.

The statement that "if you do nothing, you can expect nothing" can be very dangerous when used as a rationale for procedures and substances that carry considerably more risk than benefit, which is why those of us who have reason to believe that the risk/benefit ratio is not favorable in a given case, such as removing fillings and undergoing chelation, feel compelled to say so.

Best,
Laurie

Steven,

You'd be surprised at what many of us are doing.

I think what most people do is weigh options in light of financial resources and the risk that it might speed up progression. I opted out of the Lunasin trial because I wasn't convinced that soy and copper were good for me. I had to weigh the risks against the potential reward. I decided to try a paleo diet, B-12, medical marijuana and a regimen of supplements heavy in antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. I hope it will slow progression. If not, I'll try something different.

I hope you have success at whatever you try and I hope you will report your experience so it will help others.

Best wishes.

You read accounts of people doing this.

But did you actually have a conversation with *anyone* who can personally attest to it?

From multiple sources you can learn that we are ruled by the lizard people, including the web site InfoWars.
But that doesn't make it true.

Good luck!

Hi Laurie,
My experience is different from yours as we are all individual. However, I would be surprised if you didn't experience a negative reaction from at least one neurologist. I realise that there is evidence, but when a disease is incurable, doctors fallback on the remit that they should do no harm, instead of evaluating the options, and giving a balanced view, leaving the choice up to the patient. There is no such thing as an absolute, unless of course you are talking about death and taxes, so every thing we do has an element of risk. Scaremongering people not to do something because it might be risky I would say is just as dangerous as the risks they outline. It is therefore up to each individual to evaluate the available options and make their decision.
Human beings make decisions with risk factors every day, crossing the road for instance offer an element of risk. We evaluate the probabilities of outcomes, and decide to take or not take the risk according to our experience and upbringing. Consequently, I am fully aware of risks when I make decisions, and am able to research, as I have a computer and an internet connection.
If I did nothing, as my two neurologists advise, I would not have gone to Moscow to be treated with edaravone/radicut, and I would not have felt the clear benefit that treatment offers.
Nonetheless, I do appreciate your points and will bear them in mind, as I will every other risky part of the treatment jigsaw. I would just ask you to phrase your recommendations in a less scaremongering and condescending fashion.
Many thanks
Steve

Steven,

I am concerned that you are painting the world as those who want to "denigrate any hope" (not me, my husband used supplements and an experimental ACE regimen, not to mention ongoing BiPAP titration) vs. those who want to try anything.

The value of "evidence" is that we have some sense of risk vs. potential benefit, as we'd expect to evaluate in any disease. When you have a headache, you don't poison yourself with alcohol or knock yourself out in hopes of sleeping off the headache, in the name of "doing something."

I am happy to hear you are verifying (hopefully with a "mainstream lab") the statement that your mercury levels are 25x what they should be, as that seems very suspect.

The statement that "if you do nothing, you can expect nothing" can be very dangerous when used as a rationale for procedures and substances that carry considerably more risk than benefit, which is why those of us who have reason to believe that the risk/benefit ratio is not favorable in a given case, such as removing fillings and undergoing chelation, feel compelled to say so.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back