Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
Linda once told me she had this but it attacked me llast night. My son and family had arrived and I had done too much, talked too much and was well past overtired when they put me to bed. Then it started. violent teeth chattering that I just could not stop. iT MUST HAVE LOOKED VERY FUNNY AND VERTAINLY SOUNDED funny when I tried to speak. It must have lasted about five to ten minutes then managed to get down a valium with warm malted milk and I was soon back to sleep. But it was out of my control. Normally my jaw now is locked very tight.
Anybody else get this? Is it a precursor to anything else?
Love you all

yep, my teeth chatter too....beware of jaw clamping with yawning...lots of tongue and cheek and lip biting

yup, got the cheek and mouth biting too. What fun!

When thedoc looks at your tongue what are they looking for?

oh Iris welcome to the chattering teeth cllub.... My chin quivers also. i just have to stop what ever I am doing.. Calm way down.. If tired or stressed at all this will happen. It looks so funny. In the hospital after the peg. I was a teeth chattering idiot... the nurse asked me if I needed another blanket? Just seems to happen more often now ..Been going on for about 4 months.... I hope you are having a wonderful time with your son? Hugs, Linda

Web experienced his first bout of the dreaded noisy teeth chattering on the 9th. I also asked him if he was COLD! Then I remembered the teeth chattering thread and just attempted to calm him down. It lasted about 10 min and was very loud and looked very painful. :[

See how this site is so useful. But I myself thought I must be cold when my teeth started chattering......such a weird thing.

I have yet to get the official diagnosis, but I have had the chattering teeth episodes several times in the last 2 months. Almost every morning begins with a slight chattering, right after my jaw untightens! Sometimes I have chattered (?) violently for up to 10 minutes. Other times it's just a minute or two of gentle chattering. I had no idea what it was.

clonus can cause this, as can brisk jaw jerk reflex.. Not sure if you have Neurological problems, just know that is something many of us deal with..

my teeth chatter whenever i change temperatures. It is really strange, because they chatter more in the heat than the cold. People stare at me like I'm a freak. It is driving me crazy because my diagnosis is new and not everyone knows when they see me that i have ALS. Oh well, have I got news for them. They will be starring for a long time if this little issue is bothering them. I have to stay positive and think that at least I am burning calories! :)

My teeth chatter as well and my jaw clamps down when I try and brush my teeth and I too bite the insides of my cheeks, once i bite a certain area I keep biting it again, ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back