Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Betty, no I have never taken balcofen. I have read testimonies of other PALS that have and some of them had increased progression. Not all did so that is why I said to monitor closely just in case you are affected negatively.

baclofen is a muscle relaxer and there is no clinical evidence that it increases ALS progression. as a muscle relaxer, it will cause muscles to be weaker and fatigued. that's the drug working. i've included a few adverse reactions from the FDA approved prescribing information.

Adverse Reactions

The most common is transient drowsiness (10 to 63%). In one controlled study of 175 patients, transient drowsiness was observed in 63% of those receiving Baclofen compared to 36% of those in the placebo group. Other common adverse reactions are dizziness (5 to 15%), weakness (5 to 15%) and fatigue (2 to 4%).

Others reported:

Neuropsychiatric:
Confusion (1 to 11%), headache (4 to 8%), insomnia (2 to 7%); and, rarely, euphoria, excitement, depression, hallucinations, paresthesia, muscle pain, tinnitus, slurred speech, coordination disorder, tremor, rigidity, dystonia, ataxia, blurred vision, nystagmus, strabismus, miosis, mydriasis, diplopia, dysarthria, epileptic seizure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back