Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
pennsylvania
City
philadelphia
Does any on else experience this with foot atrophy .... During the day my feet are ice cold and purple, I need to put them under heating pad to warm them up... Then at night they get red and hot and burn.

Are you diabetic by chance? My father in law is and he describes similar symptoms.

AL.

Al,

No, I'm not diabetic. I always here of the ice cold thing because of less muscle insulation and poor circulation.

Right. My feet are cold most of the time. Look like 2 footballs. Swelling from being in the chair 12-14 hours a day. I know I should spend some time with feet up but I hate to waste time lying down. Sometimes it takes a couple of hours for them to warm after going to bed.

AL.

I get the ice cold thing all the time, so much sometimes I cannot even feel my toes, however I am a type 2 Diabetic and my doctor said mine is a form of neuropathy.

Hi Crystal

I get the cold thing but not hot part. My feet are always cold and I wear ski socks in slippers. But, I have always had cold feet and hands since I can rember. they seem more so these days but then again it is winter....

Do your feet feel cold like that in the summer or just winter? DO they warm up with socks and slippers? The burning hot red thing sounds like it could be something other than als, heres hoping!

April- It happened in the summer when I was in the house with the air conditioner with socks on. Not outside in the heat. Before all of this started I used to where flip flops in the winter while I was in ther house as slipppers.

The weird thing is that as soon as I lay down at night the red -hot- heat thing starts.

My mam has cold feet all the time. She constantly has socks on even in bed, and we have wool bootie slippers during the day which are really warm. Her hands are the same, always cold. Yet sometimes when I feel them they are hot, really hot like they were submerged in hot water, but she says they feel fine, so dont think she had the burning sensation. I asked the doc about the coldness and they said it is from bad circulation from the muscles and not a whole lot we can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back