AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Chally Erb flies free

chally

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
wv.
Chally’s spirit left his body as he slept in the early morning hours of Wednesday April 3rd. He continued to live his life to the fullest despite ALS wrecking his body bit by bit.

This forum and all of you were so important to him. He talked about this community of friends every day.

He was larger than life. We will miss him every day.

Love to all from his wife Beth, daughters Lipara Winfield and Deva Wagner and their husbands Chris and Todd . Also his beloved grandchildren Cameron Grace, Madi Rae, Ryan Charles and Ben Charles.

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
Thank you for coming here to tell us.

Chally was an much loved important member here and will be much missed.

I am sure he is already meeting old friends and new as he flies free.

Deepest condolences to all of you. He loved you dearly

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
Oregon
I’m so sorry for your loss. Chally was one of my favorites, funny, sweet, inspirational, and clearly a very special human being. I shall miss his presence here. I wish your family peace and strength.

lgelb

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
WA
Chally is ever riding a unicycle, in my mind's eye, Beth. Wishing your family all peace and strength.

Best,
Laurie

Bestfriends14

Forum Supporter
Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
CA
State
Alberta (AB)
Oh my, my heart plunged to my stomach when I saw this. Fly free, Chally. No longer will you suffer or be trapped in a body that does not move. Beth, Chally was a humorous, bright light to this forum . Hugs to you and your family. R.I.P., Chally.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
My sincerest condolences to this tragic loss Beth and all the family.

The outpourings on his fb have had me in tears and laughter for days. What a man! I have watched hours of his video over again and marvelled afresh at the wonder that was Chally.

Please check your junk emails too in case you have been missing things I've sent you this week.

Much love to you all in this time xxx

BobbyRayC

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2016
Country
US
State
Al
Sad news indeed. Prayers lifted for the family.

Jlynn

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
NH
Chally will be dearly missed. I loved his optimistic outlook and strength even through the toughest of times. Truly inspirational. My thoughts are with his family.

swalker

Very helpful member
Reason
DX MND
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
Colorado
What a special man. He seemed to light up the place, wherever he was.

I am so glad I got the chance to know Chally here and will sorely miss him.

My deepest condolences.

Steve

wishmobbing

Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
DE
State
Germany
I'll miss him. Can't begin to imagine your loss, dear family. Thank you for telling us he went peaceful in his sleep and for being the great bunch he bragged about.

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
Chally made this forum a much brighter place. I know he's flying free with others and making everyone laugh.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

blitzc

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
01/2018
Country
US
State
Ohio
Oh how Chally taught us to live with this horrible disease with grace, strength and Humor! I was so impressed with his exercise videos. He knew how to help us all while helping himself live!

Blessings to his entire family.

Cathy

Gorby

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
It's so strange to mourn a "random" stranger from the internet. But here it is. I will miss Chally's humor and craziness. Wish I could have met him in real life.
R.I.P. Chally.

KateEmerson

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
MA
Beth, Lipara, Deva, and family, I am so sorry for your loss. He was such a special person and will be greatly missed. Kate

JimInVA

Forum Supporter
Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
VA
Much love, Chally. The tears rolling down my face are for the joy you offered us on so regular a basis. You were indeed a "Champion"! My best to your family. I hope they are able to find the happiness that you most wanted for them, every day that you lived... and beyond. Fly free, good sir... FLY...

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock