Status
Not open for further replies.
Well went to ALS clinic and ceftriaxone trial ck up!
Slight weakness in rt foot and hand and some at the hips.
Everyone pleased seem the ceftriaxone is working!
Judy

I am soo glad it is working for you Judy.

One day, perhaps it will be the basis for a regular treatment or hopefully a cure.

cheers
Peter

Such great news, Judy!

Well 6 months into! Mygoal is 1 year minimal on ceftrixone. I am very interested in how I will be at the point of 1 year. Can long term use correct some problem area's. I am a good study candidate because no adverse effects from it, some improvement from being on it and minimal progression. I just hope that it will give them something to work with to save PALS. Thanks for the support.
Judy

I head in Monday for my one month checkup. I'm very interested to see how I compare, but I feel like I've lost some ground in my lower legs and hands even in this past month. I also got a bibap yesterday - I'm still in the 60s for lung function, so insurance won't cover yet, but they gave me one on loan anyway.
Judy, did you notice a slow down in progression right away, or did it take awhile?
Tom

Hi Judy,
I am so glad you are doing so well on the trial. My dad asked his ALS neuro about it, and the neuro said "I dont believe in it" HUH? How can one not believe in something that is in just the trial faze? My dad has a good gallbladder, I wish he could get on it. I am so glad that you are doing what you are doing to pave the way for others!
~Hugs, Kari

Tomby,
No I did not notice a change for awhile I was sick from the ursodiol and my med for muscel relaxer for a few months and lost 27 lbs till we figures it all out. What I did notice by 3 months was my rt hand had limited dextrity could not zipper zippers, open bottles, jar and do buttons I can now. Also I had extreme pain in rt shoulder limited range of motion, if i tried to put my arm behind my back i could make it to the front of my hip only, I can now move it behind me to waist level without pain. That in its self was awsome.

Bluebear if your dads diagnosed is less than 3 years look up ceftriaxone trial is should lists where it is available in your state. Only 244 enrolled out of 600 at this point.

I am the only one in my group without gallstones maybe because I use organic apple juice daily to flush out bile sludge. Everyone with gallstones are still in the trial none of them have any pain.

Best wishes
Judy

Had my 4th week in the trial checkup today. 4th week includes a sonogram of your gall bladder, lung function, and a full battery of strength assessments. I can report that I didn't improve in any area and lost ground a bit in a number of areas (hands and legs) - but not everywhere. My lungs didn't change, for instance. ,And no gall bladder problems, but I still have the same problem that makes me think I am actually geting the drug. But, I'm still walking (with a cane) and working. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic that this might be doing some good.

Tomby,
Woot woot! Keep it up! It takes time to work!
This is over all good news
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back