Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice story Ted. Gee you are a pretty handsome fellow with a very sweet personality.
Laurel

Thanks but I am not so sure about the handsome part...I am hoping that the camera added 10 lbs, lol...the neat thing is that the interaction between Dr. Boulis, the Neurosurgeon, and I was totally candid and unscripted. They had taken me outside to shoot some footage when Dr. Boulis happaned to be arriving to do his interview. It was the first time I had seen him since the he took the sutures out of my back 2 weeks after the surgery!

Ted, you are one lucky dude! Merry Christmas!

That is truly a miracle for you! And you will help others by being a part of the study.
Kudos for you!

Thank you. Ted. You may be paving the way for alot of us. Praying everyday for a definitive treatment or cure for this terrible diease

Merry Christmas Handsome!

Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

Way to go Ted! Your willingness brings hope to many.

The more this news gets out, the more people will become aware of ALS... way to go Ted!

Ted I am truely happy for you and hope this will lead to great things for all Pals!

Ted, that was great! Thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ted,
you are a Rock-Star..Thank you my friend..

Ted
I posted your story on my Facebook page. So glad that you are doing well.

Thank you for all of the kind words. However one thing I want everyone to understand I have not sought out any media attention. I have told Emory and Neuralstem that if they think it is a good idea then I will meet with whoever they send my way. The most important thing I stress to every reporter is that this story is not about me. It is about shining the spotlight on ALS in order to raise awareness and it is about gaining attention for this research and the need for a cure regardless of the source.

The one thing about this interview that most disappointed me is after Dr. Max (the reporter) asked me the difference this has made in my life and how I feel different he asked me what my hopes were with this research. I told him "my hope regardless of how temporary is that every person with ALS get's to experience the same gift I have."

I still have ALS but as my Dr's have said it appears to have started the clock over to when I first started noticing symptoms and the progression seems slower as well.

I continue to pray that my blessing can help lead the researchers to finding a cure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back