Diagnosis
04/2019
Country
US
State
FL
City
Fort Pierce
Most of you on the forum know Cathy (blitzc), she is no longer able to post so she asked me to post for her. In July she had a double surgery for a Peg and a supra catheter. She began having issues with constant infections from the catheter which I'm happy to report have finally subsided.

I spend a couple of months up north and usually get together with her. When I went up this winter we weren't able to get together, she was struggling and ended up in the ER for respiratory distress with chest, back and diaphragm pain. All tests were normal and was told it was due to progression. She started to use her trilogy for alittle during the day.

In the beginning of December she was once again hospitalized for low hemoglobin and bleeding. The day she was being discharged her husband was doing a transfer of her into her PWC when he slipped on the wet floor falling and pulling Cathy down on top of him. She broke her right femur and had to be readmitted for surgery to repair it.

I spoke with her today. She said that it is now taking 2 people to transfer her from the bed to her chair. She's trying different things to help her get comfortable but her butt is painful if she sits in her PWC for a length of time. She was hoping to get some tips from the forum to help with this. I told her I'd post for suggestions and let her know. At this time her back is weak, arms are much weaker and her hands aren't working well.

She will continue to update me so I can post for her. She misses everyone here and hopes they are doing well. If anyone has some tips on how to stay comfortable in their PWC please post it here and I'll pass it on. Thanks

As I said in the other thread so sorry to hear this.

here is a recent thread Sore bum

I hope the thread from Nikki helps, please give my love to Cathy, I'm so sad she has had such a run of issues these past months 💚💚💚

This may be obvious, but I've had good success with a ROHO inflatable chair cushion. It sort of looks like a tray of dinner rolls (black ones) and was around 80 bucks. Helps with pressure sores and sore butt/sit-bones.
I can tilt my chair seat back so most of my weight is off my rear and that also provides some relief.

Thanks, Nikki.

I bought the Roho mosaic a long time ago for my manual chair. It's Rohos cheapest @$70-80. Later when I got my power chair I got a gel cushion by Jay. That cheap Roho was way more Comfortable. I imagine the higher end Roho with more small cells must be pretty great. The Roho mosaic is on Amazon for $69.50 now

Last edited:
Thank you for the tips, I forward all the tips to Cathy's husband. I know she is using multiple pillows in bed to keep her comfortable. Has anyone used an inflatable donut pillow like the ones they use for hemorrhoids? I'm not sure if that would be comfortable. I am not in a PWC so its hard for me to make suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back