Reason
PALS
Country
UK
State
N/A
City
N/A
hello everyone. i haven't been online in a while to post anything. my mum is seeing another neuro this time next week to commence the process of getting a second opinion. we are all currently living under this cloud of "possible ALS/ALS-type thing." i really do glance at the clock every now and again and wish we were closer to finding out what is wrong with mum.

i just wanted to pop by and say that i've been thinking a lot about you all and i hope these last few days have been happy and stable for as many people as possible. and if you've had a bad week, i pray that next week will be a good one for you!

my mum is in ireland, and i have returned to New York. since mum is having a bad week and she really wants me to be at her appointment next week, i'm going to fly home again to be with her until we arrive at the final outcome -- whatever that might be. things in my life have been complicated further since the opportunity to become a staff writer at a top New York magazine has arisen (i know! in this economy!) and i think i'm in with a pretty good chance (i currently only freelance for the magazine.) however, i can't possibly take a job if my mum is ill and needs me at home. so i am putting off applying for it as long as possible. that i could have the life i always dreamed of in New York, but have to choose between going home to be with my mum or taking this opportunity seems sad and kind of cruel. obviously i would choose my mum over anything, so there really is no contest... but i'm so sick of irony!

i guess i just wanted to have a little rant. you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

god bless.

Last edited:
Any chance they'd let you write from home given the circumstances?

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back