Diagnosis
4/2016
Country
AUS
State
Western Australia
City
By the beach
Today is Grand Final Day...let's have some background.

Years ago it was the Victorian football league. Before that I don't know.

Over the years other states who play AFL have joined the league, two from New South Wales, two from SA and two from WA.

WA is very one eyed when it comes to footy. It's a religion.

Well this year the Freo Dockers finished minor premiers and the whole state was hoping they'd be in the grand final.

The didn't make it, but the Eagles did. That's West Coast Eagles. (King of the big game, according to their team song).

Their colours are blue and gold so Vince, keep EVERYTHING crossed!

I'm not a huge fan of the footy, but this is the grand final, and a WA team is there...

A bloke from down Gem's way won the Brownlow which is the F&B award for the league. He plays for the Dockers. An Eagles player was runner up.

Not looking good. It's half time and we are down by 31 points.

If any of this makes sense...CARN EAGLES !

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 240
Oh bugger. We lost. Big time. About...dunno...sorry I had to double check in case it was a bad dream...46 points. HUGE trashing.
There's always next year...

I would hesitate to call them highlights...

Attachments

• images-2.jpg
    images-2.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 164
  • images-3.jpg
    images-3.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 166
  • images-4.jpg
    images-4.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 150
  • images-5.jpg
    images-5.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 153
  • images-6.jpg
    images-6.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 154
Glad you enjoyed it Janelle. Getting excited is a good thing even if the result isn't quite what we hoped for with our teams:)

really janelle, are you sure your not secretly a sport announcer. we're getting close to baseball world series and as i am only a fair weather fan ( e.g. come in at end of seasons) i will listen on radio to a few games. love ya chally

Why chally...that's my secret!
Nah. Not a sports commentator.
I will tell you though, I followed ice hockey when I lived in England in 94/95, and was VERY loud when it came time to cheering!
I get stuck on too many words to be loud these days!
Enjoy the baseball...who are we barracking for? We get bits on the news, and I want to be going for the right team!

God bless, Janelle x

there is no "right"team" as my beloved "Phillies" SUCK! but i can go with blue jays or cardinals. no NY teams! off note janelle, good movie w/ russel crowe "Water Diviner"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back