Diagnosis
5/2011
Country
US
State
ct
City
danbury
As it's been almost a year now since My Lizzy passed and as some know I have someone new in my life whom I think the world of. My G/F was very upfront about her Bipolar M/D condition right from when we started just chatting as old friends about How I was doing and if the kids needed anything ( She happens to be my Daughters God Mother ) after Lizzy had passed. Much like I researched the heck out of ALS after our diagnosis- I did the same about Bipolar M/D. At times when she needs to just decompress and relax on the sofa and not say much I just can't help but Flashback to some horrible memory's of My time caregiving for Liz. She really doesn't need a caregiver as She holds a Full time job in finance and owns her own home and is raising her 2 great kids and was doing all that before we started dating.. I just at times can't fight off the horrible feeling of frustration over seeing another person I care about suffer and struggle and there isn't anything I can do to " Fix" it all and make everything "Normal" and happy all the Time.. old habits die hard I suppose.. Hope everyone has a nice Weekend.

Staying strong, You have no control. You can suggest, supply facts and knowledge, but you cant fix it. Just like with als, this is a disease which has no cure. You can lessen some symptoms but you cant fix it.

This was a very difficult lesson for me. Now, I roll with the punches more and do things to make me and my son happy . For me that means I am in no hurry to date. My son and I are growing as a team and enjoying the process because we work hard to see the positive. We dont ignore the negative just refuse to take it on.

No one is perfect. You need to decide what you can and are willing to deal with....then go enjoy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back