06/2010
Country
US
State
NC
City
Wilmington
From AARP:

"Support and Pass the RAISE Family Caregivers Act (S. 1719/H.R. 3099)

Senators Susan Collins (R-ME) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) and Representatives Gregg Harper (R-MS) and Cathy Castor (D-FL) introduced the Recognize, Assist, Include, Support, and Engage (RAISE) Family Caregivers Act (S. 1719/H.R. 3099) to require the development of a national strategy to support family caregivers. The strategy would identify specific actions that government, communities, providers, employers and others can take to recognize and support family caregivers. An advisory council would bring together representatives from the public and private sectors, including family caregivers, and relevant federal agencies, including the VA, to advise and make recommendations regarding the national strategy. The U. S. Senate unanimously passed this bill in December and now the U.S. House of Representatives needs to pass this bill, so it can become law. Contact your member in the U.S House of Representatives and ask them to cosponsor and pass the RAISE Family Caregivers Act. For more information about the bill, click here: http://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/caregiving-advocacy/info-2015/raise-family-caregivers-act.html

Thanks, Mary!

Yes, thank you! I will post on social media and email my representative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back