Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alway good to check my info and my sources before posting...d'oh!

ok, here's the scoop...
from the employment insurance (ei) compassionate care benefits website.
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/asp/gateway.asp?hr=/en/ei/types/compassionate_care.shtml&hs=tyt
since january 4, 2004, compassionate care benefits may be paid up to a maximum of 6 weeks to a person who has to be absent from work to provide care or support to a gravely ill family member at risk of dying within 26 weeks. unemployed persons on ei can also ask for this type of benefits.

to be eligible for compassionate care benefits you must apply and show that:

your regular weekly earnings from work have decreased by more than 40%; and
you have accumulated 600 insured hours in the last 52 weeks or since the start of your last claim. this period is called the qualifying period.

sorry for the mis-info.

btw - andrea was denied again! by sunlife. apparently she needs to be in a straight jacket and seriously medicated to even consider a 'stress' claim...
it ain't over yet!

Time to see if your local newspaper, or one larger. has an urge to go after the insurance company via a human interest story where one of the organizations involved is not human...might get their socks aflame...no one likes negative publicity.

Hi,
i'm going to take the home care course so i asked the nurse and home care since i would be staying with tim and had the course would i get paid. the answer a big fat no. cant stop a girl from trying.
kim

Hello

i have not been on for our while, we where at als clinic tuesday, and now know our compation forms will be signed when we are ready to use. i was concerned about the clause that you have to be dying in 6 months, which i felt was a clause that could hinder me in collecting the 6 weeks of ui, and i know my husband has no intentions of leaving, but i thought this was going to be a big issue that an als caregiver may have as an bump on the road with the government. what is important is if it is time to use this ui, especilly for the caregiver, it is 6 weeks of some small income that can at least give you some time to rest. right now i am on a stress leave so i will not be using ui right now. as a caregiver we have a tendancy to give and forget about ourselves, so if anyone is feeling like this just voice your opinion on this web site. i have found this als chat so informative and a place to read and learn and to talk to all who is dealing with als.

so too all don't forget to think of youself once in awhile your love one will be happier if you are rested and happier yourself.

all the best will, wait for others to comment

ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back