Reason
CALS
Country
PI
State
PI
City
PI
My patient doesn't want to go to a care facility, but her family aren't coping and want her to go into one.
has anyone had any experiences with care facilities?

Winnie

thought I should add that the patient is really sick this week, and hubby not coping with kids etc.They have no relations near by to help either.
I feel like a Judas at this point - I can see both sides ... and I can see the advantage of a care facility .. if hubby doesn't do something soon he will loose his cool, he's juggling 2 preschool age kids, finances, and night care for his wife, he's exhausted mentally and physically and the kids will suffer for it. I have supported him on the care thing.
HOWEVER I love my patient and can see her reasons for NOT wanting to go into care, I feel like such a heel.
There's no easy answer , but I'm finding this really really hard to work with. I feel like a traitor and piggy in the middle.

Winnie

That is really a tough situation. Bless you for caring for your patient so much, and your concern for the family.

Is there any way she could find temporary care ... say for a few weeks, to take the pressure off her husband and kids and give them some respite? Since she has been sicker this week, it sounds like she may need more care than her husband can give her right now.

I can't think of a "good solution" for everyone. How caregivers manage to cope with all this is a miracle.

Blessings,
BethU

Thanks for you prompt reply...

the patient won't agree to hospital either ,it's very frustrating.
I think if she gets any sicker then the Dr's will step in and make a decision I hope.

winnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back