Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
State
WB
City
Kolkata
hello everyone ,i am a 23 year old male from india.My problems started from november,2017.It all started with twitching in my face that continued for a month after which i started having some problems with my speech and my hands .i looked up on google and ALS popped up and naturally became really frightened.I spent my days crying ,screwed up the interview to my dream job and even almost left my girlfriend.

After this in the month of january i went to a neuro who checked my strength and reflexes and told me that all was ok. During this time my speech problem was continuing and my right hand was really stiff and i could not open it and close it smoothly.....i should also add that i was having this speech problem but no one would notice it.....i asked so many of them but no one noticed it.....it was as if i could not get things out properly ......

so the neuro ordered an emg which came out clean.........this continued but one thing i might add was that the weakness in my right hand had gone away completely.........

in februay i noticed that my left palm had flattened a lot and had sunk in on the palm side.......this again had me concerned.....i went to another neurologist that checked me and my weakness and told me that my strength was alright and it could not be atrophy .....and diagonised me with somatisation disorder ............

as the twitching had spread to each and every part of my body i became really stressed and in the mean time i went over to various MD doctors who could not give me any explanation and many GPs that ignored me as a case of anxiety disorder............

in april i went over to the neuro again and he again checked me and told me that everything was fine when i told him about my speech problem and thenar thinning he told me that if i had atrophy i would be weak and if my speech had any problem the others would notice.at this point my twitching had spred everywhwre on my body and i always had excess saliva and speech problem to go along with extreme fatigue and i had notoce constant twitching in my left hand wrist that has been going on for the last three months.

At the end of june i go to another neurologist who tells me that he cannot find anything clinically and ordered lots of blood tests, mri and emg.today i got all the reports and my reports for the emg (an hour long emg testing close to 25 muscles) came back clean not even fasculations......my mri had disc bulge and hernitions in c2-c3,c3-c4,c4-c5,c5-c6 and also in t2-t3 and t3-t4 ......my cpk was normal and vitD was extremely low. the emg of the atrophied left hand muscle was also all right.....i mean he put the needle right in there and it was fine.....

i am just lost cnnot take this pressure anymore.......speech ,hand atrophy ,twitching i really dont know what to do.......any advice please

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe the doctors.

Two different neurologists saw you, examined you, touched you, tested you: no ALS.
To me, your symptoms are not ALS.

Speech: if no one else hears a problem, there isn't a problem.
Hand atrophy: you need a doctor to evaluate this. They did. You don't have atrophy.
Twitching: This is so common to so many conditions that it is not diagnostic of any condition. Healthy people twitch. Mostly, twitching is due to anxiety.

Work with your general practice family medical doctor or an Internal Medicine doctor.

a big thanks to reassure me ........but my left palm has really sunk in .....the neuros only test my strength and tell that since my strength and emg is normal it is allright .....but i donot have any weakness.......

Mike I right. ALS speech problems make you instantly sound like a drunk. Your problem is not ALS.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back