Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Highland
I have had footdrop in left foot for about a year now...and footdrop in rt. foot since a couple months ago. I have noticied that left foot was getting harder to lift ..this week I find it no longer lifts..nor my leg. I had to literally pick up my leg to get it in the car this morning. :roll:

Besides being ..yes..depressed...any tips tricks..anything to help me get around. I am walking at the speed of a turtle...:lol:

Is it time for a walking aid...crutches...cane...wheelchair...

Again, I am in a spot here because I have been diagnosed 2x with ALS but insurance won't cover anything till I get diagnosed by their doc. That is in the process..dr. seeing me in Nov again to see progress and between now and then have been tested for Hungitons, wilsons and some other rare ones that came back clear.

P.T. has done nothing but made me more tired and harder to move.

Help friends!

you are lucky to only lose a leg in a year. in 18 months i have gone from dragging my left foot to almost total paralysis. i can move my feet and arms a tiny bit and turn my head to the left. that is it. all my muscle has gone. look like I've been in a POW Camp a few years

Kels bell you are way too young to have to be dealing with these things! It makes me wish I could give you a giant hug...Lostin, I am sorry for the progression being so fast for you. Just know we are here for you!

Lostin you are one brave man, A HERO IN MY BOOKS, you give courage to us here on the forum.

So sorry Kmendsley...I have a foot drop and ever weakening legs....do you have a brace? called an AFO...this really helps with walking with a footdrop. But it sounds to me you are ready for a wheel chair. No diagnosis.....this is the pits. So may forum folks suffer this same predicament. Are you near an ALS Clinic? They have Donner Closets with extra wheelchairs and things. Or look up any handicap organization and reach out to them for help. Praying for you buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back