Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
AU
State
NSW
City
New Lambton
Hi Everyone, my legs are pretty much toast but there's still some movement and I enjoy moving them while not sleeping, but while I am sleeping I get these sensations to move them like the muscles and tendons tense up and they get uncomfortable and want stretching after 15 or so minutes and I get the urge to move them again, it always seems worse while sleeping for some reason. Anyone else have this or something like it ? Also what's an alert system/device for someone that can really only move their neck and legs a bit ? I've currently got a generic big button door bell but it's getting harder to reach especially under blankets ;)

If you have any voice--get a baby monitor. your caregivers can hear you then. IDK, but it just sounds like cramps or spasms at night. My husband is much stiffer at night too.

thanks but I can't talk though .. bummer

Sorry! I sleep in the same bed as my husband still, so I help him all night with his moving. no way he could use a bell or button either. he can still talk so if I was in another room, I would hear the baby monitor. so can you make any noise at all?

Tizanidine is the medication that helps me with the jumpy leg syndrome at night. I take baclofen in the morning for spasticity. It doesn't seem to help at all with the restless legs at night.

I smoke Marijuana right before bed to keep my legs comfortable while sleeping. I am lucky enough to live in a state that has legalized medical marijuana(NJ). It can also be eaten or put into a PEG if you can't smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back