Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
AU
State
NSW
City
New Lambton
Hi Everyone, my legs are pretty much toast but there's still some movement and I enjoy moving them while not sleeping, but while I am sleeping I get these sensations to move them like the muscles and tendons tense up and they get uncomfortable and want stretching after 15 or so minutes and I get the urge to move them again, it always seems worse while sleeping for some reason. Anyone else have this or something like it ? Also what's an alert system/device for someone that can really only move their neck and legs a bit ? I've currently got a generic big button door bell but it's getting harder to reach especially under blankets ;)

Barbie

Extremely helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
If you have any voice--get a baby monitor. your caregivers can hear you then. IDK, but it just sounds like cramps or spasms at night. My husband is much stiffer at night too.

Karvorka

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
AU
State
NSW
City
New Lambton
thanks but I can't talk though .. bummer

Barbie

Extremely helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
Sorry! I sleep in the same bed as my husband still, so I help him all night with his moving. no way he could use a bell or button either. he can still talk so if I was in another room, I would hear the baby monitor. so can you make any noise at all?

Karvorka

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
AU
State
NSW
City
New Lambton

old dog

Distinguished member
Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
OR
City
Scio
Tizanidine is the medication that helps me with the jumpy leg syndrome at night. I take baclofen in the morning for spasticity. It doesn't seem to help at all with the restless legs at night.

jpsteeler99

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Waldwick
I smoke Marijuana right before bed to keep my legs comfortable while sleeping. I am lucky enough to live in a state that has legalized medical marijuana(NJ). It can also be eaten or put into a PEG if you can't smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.