Ontario
City
Ottawa
I am proud of our Canadian athletes!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 324
It was a great Olympics wasn't it. Lots of surprises.

Curling ... the only olympic sport where a fat guy with a beer can win a medal :)

Plus, curlers get to wear cool clothes...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 280
Did you see /hear Sir David Attenborough's curling narration? Go ogle it worth a listen!
Congrats Elaine!

I had to ask one of my co-worker what curling was. lol

Way to go Canada! Very proud indeed.

They definitely played much better than either team USA or Team Sweden. They deserved the Gold.

You can imagine living in Canada, with 2 Americans, Hell yah I was proud. Hubby took it really well, even seemed a bit proud as well.

We watched every night! I especially loved the speed skating--so fast and smooth and calculating. (and those uniforms!)

Has anyone ever attended an Olympics? I never have, but would so love to. Decided that I would want to go to the winter Olympics and looked on line just to see how much $$ it would cost...holy mackerel! My estimate is that it would be about $10,000 to go for a week for one person. I found online that tickets for the opening ceremony in London cost from $4000-$15,000.

My gosh, I wonder if they give the athlete passes for family members?

When the Olympics were in Vancouver, several people I worked with volunteered, so they were able to be there free, and went to events when they weren't doing their volunteer job. They also got an official olympic jacket. We live 6 hours from Vancouver, but they took the time off from work and stayed there.
Barbie, what do you think the odds are for having summer Olympics in Florida?

Barbie I was lucky enough to go to the London Olympics. My family is English and could get tickets. We did not apply for opening and closing ceremonies because of the cost but were fortunate enough to get tickets to 3 events ( we applied for more that we did not get it was a lottery and we were very lucky to get what we did!) It was an awesome experience and it was a tiny bit of a letdown to have to watch this on on tv!

Never attended Olympics - but some years ago, in Lake Placid, I tried the 4 man bobsled. 3 olympians in training and me. It was thrilling, fast, bone rattling and exceedingly noisy. Then I did the luge - fell off near the top and laughed all the way down, sliding on my butt! I drew the line when hubby suggested we try the ski jump! I have skied the Super G at Cortina, Italy, Whistler, Canada and Squaw Valley, USA. Olympians do it in sub 90 seconds... Took me nearly 20 minutes each time - zig zagging! Very intimidating runs when you're up close & personal.

Gee I miss my old life!:cry:

I really didn't care who won.......but I really liked the women's figure skating! Maybe it was the uniforms, but the talent and flexibility was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back