Cannot figure out whats is wrong with me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmadeira

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PT
State
CO
City
Coimbra
I want to thank in advance for your answers. It is greatly appreciated.

I'm a 22y old male with no family history of ALS. This all started when i started a new job and moved to another city in November. Initially i felt a multitude of sensory symptoms that led me to suspect of MS. I got very anxious about it and decided to consult a neurologist. She felt as there was nothing to worry about but ordered me a brain MRI in which they found no lesions nor anything abnormal. As my symptoms wouldnt go away I grew increasingly worried about my situation so I decided go visit her again. I brought up my fears of als because i noticed brisk knee reflexes and even though she found nothing wrong with me she ordered na EMG, cervical MRI and some bloodwork. The EMG results came back clear as you can see below. However, once more, my symptoms did not dissapear and i can't help but wonder what is wrong with me. Right now, the worst part is my right arm. Whatever disease i have is affecting mainly my right side. I have not lost function but I have noticed some loss in bulk of the bíceps. I'll post the pictures below so you can get an idea. Right hand dexterity is also affected as i feel i cant grasp things as good as before and my thumb hurts when flexing. Both of my hands shake when holding my phone, for exemple. Another thing i've noticed is a cogwheel feeling in the muscles. If I arch my back inwards and then slowly go back to the original position they go like going down steps. This happens in my legs and hands as well. I've also noticed that my left hand is very wrinkly and i'm worried about possible atrophy. What's strange is that i do not lack strength in that hand.

These are my symptoms:

1. Fatigue - I'm always tired and sleep does not seem to help.
  2. Muscle soreness - mainly in my shoulders, neck and arms.
  3. Widespread fasciculations
  4. Muscle weakness - everyting feels heavier and my muscles tire very easily.
I really hope you guys can bring me some insight as to what this is and see if this relates to someones' experience.
Once again, i really appreciate your answers.

Attachments

• 20200416_144712 (1).jpg
    20200416_144712 (1).jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 20200416_143559.jpg
    20200416_143559.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 20200416_143709 (1).jpg
    20200416_143709 (1).jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 20200420_144310.jpg
    20200420_144310.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
  • 20200420_144321.jpg
    20200420_144321.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • 20200420_144328.jpg
    20200420_144328.jpg
    989.5 KB · Views: 169
  • CamScanner 04-20-2020 14.59.29 (1).pdf
    375.9 KB · Views: 146
Past posts here: Desperate! Need your opinion!

A neurologist has not found any indication for ALS- either via emg or clinical exam. This is of particular import, as she's had the opportunity to track any potential changes between November and now. You have reported a variety of symptoms that do not signal ALS. What they may indicate is something to discuss with your doctors as it's not clear your issues arise from a neurological problem.

I know these times are difficult for all, so we are sympathetic, however, an ALS support forum is not really the place for you- which is really good news. Perhaps seeking the expertise of a physiotherapist when you are able might net you some more insight into what your symptoms might arise from. They know bodies and how they function and can assess and provide a report for a doctor if they see anything of concern that can't be mitigated by exercise and stretching.

Nope, not a single ALS symptoms and the photos look normal though we really don't want to see photos of people. You are good to go back to your doctor. Please don't keep posting here it is not good for you.

I would go back to a primary care doc, via telemedicine as a starting point. The new job/city suggests possibilities like new allergies, stress, an environmental issue in your new home, change in diet, etc.

The good news -- you're in the wrong place.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back