Status
Not open for further replies.
> 2 grams a day? That is a massive amount!
Not to mention reeaaally expensive.

Yes, VERY expensive!

@dbach--We were told the indica strains are more relaxing (better for sleep & anxiety), while the sativa are better when you want to be more alert & focused.

Since we've only been able to get the higher THC product in our dispensary, my husband's been taking that. Anecdotally, I think it's the THC that has been helping the speech and swallowing. We travelled for a week and didn't have any with us and noticed the difference. The improvement the first time he used it after returning was profound. It's the THC that helps with pain and spasticity and we could hear how much easier and more fluid his speech was after taking it.

@Greg--It just makes sense to me that the THC relaxes the throat and vocal chords and that is what makes the speech and swallowing easier. Is that what you noticed when you went back on THC after the 6 months?

@ElleT--smart way to find CBD--I'll give that a try! Thanks!

> THC relaxes the throat and vocal chords and that is what makes the speech and swallowing easier.
I did lose speech and swallowing while I was off, along with other progression.
My swallowing has improved somewhat but I was attributing that to the Neudexta I recently started.

I'm happy to see this thread. I just found it via a search for "Cannabis." I was searching because a friend of mine is a biochemist and was telling about some of the above mentioned benefits.

My question is, knowing that there are different kinds of cannabiniods (sp?) is there a kind or ratio that's best?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael, see The attachments on this post.

Greg, Thanks so much!

Anyone have any updates to share?

4tloml; said:
Since we've only been able to get the higher THC product in our dispensary

Any luck finding high CBD? If you can't, a THCa tincture (raw unheated THC) is a good alternative/addition. It is non-psychoactive and seems to work very similarly to CBD. It can be made easily using any high THC strain.
[/url]

We've just returned from 3 1/2 weeks on the road, and interestingly, Steamboat Springs, CO, had the greatest selection we've ever seen. We got 25 mg CBD capsules, 8/1 CBD/THC drops and some lemon drops with both CBD & THC. Just before we left home, we got registered with our statewide collective which will ship to our house now that we're home to sign for it.

When my PALS ran out of the THC products, we noticed more trouble sleeping and with speech and coughing. It's convinced us that a closer to 4 or 5 to 1 ratio works best for him.

Prices were SO much lower in CO than CA. I wonder if that's the result of full legalization. He's still closer to 250 mg for each day than 250 mg 4 times a day as doc recommended. But we notice such a difference with the 250 vs. none that we're OK with it.

a THCa tincture (raw unheated THC) is a good alternative/addition. It is non-psychoactive and seems to work very similarly to CBD. It can be made easily using any high THC strain.

Elle, that's good to know--thank you. Our doc gave us instructions on how to make a tincture--I'll pull them out. Our middle son is now approved to grow medical product in CA, so this could be a good and cost-effective approach for us. Thanks for suggestion!

Did you know that transporting Mmj over state lines could land you in the local jail?

Yep, Greg, we did and took the chance. It has made such a difference! We just keep it in pill bottles with his other meds and I do ALL the driving. No reason it should ever be found. We probably won't risk it on our flights at the end of the month (drug dogs at the airports). We didn't when we went to DC and that's when we realized how truly powerful the effect has been for him. It'll be a shame he won't have access in Alaska, but IIWII. :(

I've always been such a rule follower--I think I mentioned that earlier. But ALS changes people in a myriad of ways. This CALS is getting fearless when it comes to the needs of my PALS. I may find a solution yet for Alaska!

I've worked up to 60mg of both CBD and THC daily. My next batch will be a 2:1 CBD:THC so iI'll double the CBD to 120. If your 4:1 keeps working I'll move to that next.

I think one of us posted that their Neuro recommended 265mg daily.

Did your doc explain where he got the 250x4 (= 1 gram) dose from? At current local prices ($0.05mg) 1g will run $50.

When my PALS ran out of the THC products, we noticed more trouble sleeping and with speech and coughing. It's convinced us that a closer to 4 or 5 to 1 ratio works best for him.

Elle, that's good to know--thank you. Our doc gave us instructions on how to make a tincture--I'll pull them out. Our middle son is now approved to grow medical product in CA, so this could be a good and cost-effective approach for us. Thanks for suggestion!

So are you doing 4 to 1 CBD:THC? Or 4 to 1 THC:CBD?

Sounds like you had great success in Colorado. I agree that some risks are worth taking even for us "rule followers". In Michigan our prices for bud are high so buying oil is actually much more cost effective than making it myself. Growing should really cut costs for you. I just recently added THCa to my daily regimen but since I can't get it at any dispensary I am making my own. It is very easy. I just followed a video called "Making THCa tincture for seizures cold process" which you can easily search and find

Greg, do you think you are doing better now that you've been back on THC/CBD for a while rather the the CBD only?

Elle, I am still plateaued. Progressing slowly. (Hopefully my fall won't change that as I only bruised my rump and ego)

and I'd bet that it's a 4:1 CBD:THC.

It'll be a shame he won't have access in Alaska, but IIWII. :(

While Alaska does not offer reciprocity for medical marijuana cards, it is legal for recreational use there so you may be able to find some depending on your location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back