Diagnosis
n/a
Country
US
State
mi
City
st.clair shores
First ff im not a spammer and iam really concerned about my fasics ok! besides loosing a baby i really am fearful of this disease please help! it seems noone wants me here and iam seeing a grievence counseler for that issue ok! and i really have had nonstop twitching for 5 to 6 months and am scared please help someone thanks jenny

Given the degree of distress you are expressing, I think it would be appropriate for you to seek immediate psychiatric care at your local emergency room.

Jenny - I am so sorry for not answering your private message. I didn't dare open it because I hadn't seen any posts by you before, but I talked to Annmarie today and she told me about you.

I know it can be upsetting to have twitching. It's like a constant reminder that something is wrong. I will read your PM and get back to you.

As Liz mentioned on your other post, grief counseling seems very appropriate and something that could only help you. Your high level of anxiety and stress will only increase the twitching. And just to ease your mind, I have been twitching for a year and have a diagnosis of polymyositis. Twitching does not have to mean ALS.

Twitching alone is not a symptom of anything. If you have been twitching for 6 months and don't have significant other symptoms you may likely have benign fasciculation syndrome. One of the common features of benign fasciculation syndrome is that the patients are convinced that they have ALS and often refuse to believe their doctors.

If you had a sudden onset of widespread twitching and a clean neurological exam, you probably have BFS. You might want to check out the following site to read some of the posts there and see if these people sound like you. There is also a good post called BFS in a Nutshell which kind of gives an overview of the syndrome.

The site is aboutbfs.com (it's another site like this, but for people with benign twitching. It's not my site, and I have nothing to do with it except that I post there).

I know that twitching is difficult to live with. I have constant, bodywide twitching myself, but knowing that there are others out there going through the same problems and fears who have been properly diagnosed with a benign condition may help to bring you some peace of mind.

But you also need to really address the anxiety. Most of us don't want to admit it, but anxiety rarely just goes away on its own. If you are this anxious, please seek help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back