Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NZ
State
NY
City
Auckland
I just would really like some support. For the past few years I have struggled with health issues from thyroid cancer to being diagnosed with CIRS and I’m only 21. For the past year and a half I have had really bad muscle fasciculations. I’m unsure if they started in one place and spread but at this point they are all over my body. I have muscle weakness where if I go to do something like a push ups my arms start to shake as they are very tired. I did go to the neurologist a year ago and he examined me and said I have BFS but I’m worried he misdiagnosed me as he did not do an EMG. Any help would be appreciated thank you

There is no reason to worry about ALS. I'm sorry to hear about your other health issues, and it's certainly likely they've contributed to your fasciculations and feelings of weakness. As I would advise anyone in your situation, diet, sleep, stress, hydration and exercise are all worth considering to help you feel better. Some people keep a diary so they can better pinpoint what helps.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back