Not open for further replies.

Twitchergirl

Country
CA
State
Narnia
City
Ass Village
I'm 16 years old and started developing twitching episodes in my right middle finger and a few other places on my body a few days ago. My middle finger twitches pretty often throughout the whole day. I also have knee pain which is lasting nearly a month. My muscles sometimes feel weak and I'm frequently tired too. I don't really do anything much that invloves my fingers. Nobody in my family has this, but then again the majority of people who do get diagnosed with it, don't have a familial history of ALS. If this has anything to do with it, I did a blood test a month ago and the results came back fine. I also managed to do everything on the foot drop strength test. Do you think it's possible that I have ALS? Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

No, I do not think you have ALS... It appears your post is some kind of joke. You live in A S S village and your middle finger twitches? Are you just so bored and desperate for entertainment that you need to bother folks who have ALS?

Hello Twitcher Girl -

Most people have muscle twitches - and the vast majority are absolutely nothing to worry about. If you are worried, go back to see your GP and explain your concerns just as you have in your post. I bet your GP will take a second look and reassure you too. You say you don't do much using your fingers - most 16 year olds I know are constantly texting their friends. I think we all use our fingers more than we realize.

Take care and let me know!

No, I do not think you have ALS... It appears your post is some kind of joke. You live in A S S village and your middle finger twitches? Are you just so bored and desperate for entertainment that you need to bother folks who have ALS?

Man - where have I been? Here I was worried for a young person. dah! Thanks:oops: Sarah!

Give me an f'n break! Check with the Lion. He has the answer.

watch what you wish for .wise ass

This is amazing, there was a someone on this forum a few weeks ago, claimed to be a doctor who had done some research and had come to the astounding conclusion, which I held in doubt, that people with your exact specific symptoms always have an IQ in the range of 57 to 62. Now, I don't know if they really were a doctor or not, or if their testing was extensive enough to make those sorts of broad conclusions but judging from the one example you present.....they were spot on.
Have a good day tw...itch. lol

Sorry if I offended anyone. Although my post seems like a joke, it's not. My city is the name it is because I didn't want any personal information to be shown in a public post. All I can safely say is I live in Canada. Nevertheless, thanks to those who gave serious answers (ottawa girl). I did not intend to bother or make fun of anyone with this condition. My hopes go out to all with ALS. As for myself, I may see a doctor if symptoms persist.

That's pretty lame... I can think of an infinite number of generic names for your location that do not involve the word "ass."

Seeing a doctor for your symptoms is by far a more logical first step, rather than seeking answers from strangers on the in ter net awhile selecting an inappropriate word to conceal your location.

Seeing as most doctors nowadays have no clue how to diagnose and just end up over medicating people, leading to more health issues, I don't see a problem in asking for an opinion outside of western medicine. I have been to various doctors for other health issues, and none have helped me in any sort of way.

It shouldn't matter what city I come from. I don't even understand why people make such a big deal out of it.

This is not the vocabulary or writing style of most 16 year olds. You are indeed unusual if you write in this manner at 16. Just saying...

Jen

If you don't like western medicine, why don't you try acupuncture? Just get a few small fine sterilized needles and put them in 3 places in your twitching finger. I will guarantee your finger twitch will stop. I am thinking of writing a book about it. Oh and I have a phd in alternative treatments for twitching fingers. Going to write a book as well.
The down side is it hurts like he.........

You should be speaking with your parents about this. Not strangers on a forum.

And Yes, 16 Yr olds can get ALS. Very rare, but it can happen.

This is not the vocabulary or writing style of most 16 year olds. You are indeed unusual if you write in this manner at 16. Just saying...

Jen

I told you he/she was a wise ass:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back