CALS Roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scared...we are loving the heated seat on the bidet. Our bathroom has the biggest temp variation of any room in our house and right now its freezing in there. Having a warm seat is priceless!

Scared...we are loving the heated seat on the bidet. Our bathroom has the biggest temp variation of any room in our house and right now its freezing in there. Having a warm seat is priceless!

no one likes a cold bum!

in the midst of everything we have to move because we sold our house in October. The new owner is allowing us to rent back right now, but we have to get out by the end of march. I think we found the right place. Fingers crossed. It's very hard to look without Kathy. Jim and I are constantly bickering about what kind of house we want/need and can afford.

It's been raining here all week, which is wonderful!

My BF Tim is loving his new job. yay!

still haven't found a taker for the 12 cases of fibersource. Any suggestions?

jen

Jen, Maybe the als association will take them....or a food pantry. Many people could probably use it. If it is a peg only item, I would tell them.

I really like hearing the giggling Tillie! ...so you just go right ahead and suggest some categories from which I can choose ...I can't wait!

your avatar cracks me up tc!

btw, I kramer and his crown. TC I think it fits nicely..so you will be the king of...... caring, comfort,wisdom,....ideas people!

tc you've had three suggested so far, I'm not sure but comfort sounds nice to me - I know you gave so much comfort to Tracy and you are now here giving comfort to CALS.

You are allowed to choose your own of course, anything that seems to fit :)

gooseberry I was just laughing so much as I was grabbing images from the net and throwing them together until I decided I liked that combination of kramer and crown. and it really makes a great avatar, kramer jumps out really well if you scroll any thread tc has replied on.

You are right Jen, no one likes a cold bum. Steph, our bathroom is also the coldest room in the house. TC. you fit right in and I love when the Queen of Everything giggles, also. She is so amazing and can make everyone feel better. Still laughing at your crown TC. So...here are some cute pics for the night. Bidet...is the word.

Attachments

• bidet.gif
    bidet.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,128
  • Bidet2.jpg
    Bidet2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 284
So, I am here giggling at the bidet pictures... We have a heated floor in our bathroom. So sitting on the throne with warm toesies is nice.
Snow here for the weekend along with negative temps.. Sleep study on Monday night for my PALS and we had a great conversation with his PCP about the naturopathic... no going to spend any more time there. Putting $ to other areas.

Re: PALS roll call Wednesdays ( or whenever)

Still kicking. Progression has been mercifully slow, such that I still walk but recently started using a walker. I also check out the forums daily but rarely have much to say.

Mark (little mark?)
Were still here too! And that's awesome you can still walk and with a walker after a year of being diagnosed! I have heard how this affects every person differently,my PALS was diagnosed May 13, 2015 and he no longer walks, hardly speak does not dress his self, lil trouble swallowing and his breathing has been affected. All this in 8 months but it seems things have slowed down now :) as we hate this disease glad its a slow progression for you :)
Mod note moved from PALS thread. CALS please remember PALS roll call is the one thread that is really PALS only

Last edited by a moderator:
Jen,
The local ALSA/MDA/MS Association/spinal injury program -- no one wants the formula? Good luck w/ finding the right place to live.

Hmmm. Comfort. I can live with that I do believe. I have been called MUCH worse!

You gals giggling...makes my day! Picture that scene...where the door bursts open and Kramer slides into the room.

And...that heated...'bidet'! that will deserve some lines of its own at some point! Heated....in Dallas TX no less...! (really I love it...fine project looks to me like)! A fine accessible bathroom is really handy to have, we had/have one as well. Lots of room to maneuver with PWC and a lift...lots of room is good.

Dreary here today and I've been gone from the forums for a week. We got two new kittens to add to our menagerie and they have kept us busy. My husband loves watching them and one curls up on his chest and purrs his little heart out. So nice to focus on something other than ALS/FTD for a while.

Just joined the forums. My PALS is my grandmother, I am an adult. She is still able to use a walker/stairlift around the home but has issues standing up, dressing, and swallowing at times. I just wanted to say hi to everyone *waves*

Welcome kikkai

please feel free to start your own thread so we can talk directly to any immediate issues you have. I'm glad you have joined, you will find so much support here and you will find you can help others too.

Thanks affected. No immediate issues, the forum just prompted me to join because I kept reading posts by other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back