CALS Roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in. Not much to say. A bad week for me and had a full emotional breakdown at work today. I don't feel right going over all my issues this week as so many here are dealing with so much. I have always been a very strong person and everyone who knows me, knows that I have overcome so much in my life. This week I have felt like a emotional mess. Nothing and I mean nothing, that I have tried to get done to prepare has went right and I now wonder if we will ever be ready for this. So many losses with work and my life and it all took its toll on me this week. Better now since ii had my meltdown today. I am thinking of you all and want you to know how much you all mean to me. Hope for a peaceful week to all.

Thursday here and I have to get off the net as I've got a huge tech issue limiting me severely and I'm in withdrawals!

scared - don't compare your issues to others - it just doesn't stop taking and your losses from the start are huge.

gooseberry it must feel so good to be madly unpacking because you are home!

I will be a bit sporadic until next week sadly.

Hi all! My name is Glynis, and I'm new to the forums.

My husband was diagnosed 2 days before our wedding, back in June of this year. It has been an emotional roller coaster ride, to say the least. We were fortune enough to be able to take a bucket list 2 month vacation. But now we areally back to reality, and it doesn't look good. We are starting to plan for the end, and I feel robbed as we didn't get the wedding, life and retirement that we had planned! But, life and death never seem to get the memos that we plan!

Welcome Glynis. I am sorry to be welcoming you. Enjoy life to the fullest

Wednesday morning down under.
Still here and finally have all internet issues fixed.

Thinking of how quite the CALS have been the past few days in particular and sending out a virtual hug to you all xxx

We have been really busy Tillie. Steve decided he couldn't keep falling trying to get things from the refrigerator so we went appliance shopping. Got a new stove with front dials and frig. Had to go to school for Julien. He has been having a rough patch...mostly due to uneducated teachers and how to deal with adhd/autism/anxiety combo. I think we made some good headway today. Steves brother comes in this weekend and the crazy sister Friday. Looking forward to his brother and their family visiting !

Still here and we are taking it day by day. Had a rough patch for a while when Micky got a small cold, but have moved past that. Switched out equipment as we moved into Hospice care. Last few days have been good (cross our fingers) relatively speaking. Maybe we will get another few months, we will see what they bring.

My husband was diagnosed in Sep. He has limb onset and his legs have gone quickly...he can still walk but requires AFOs and a walker. He is 64. A veteran as well. His PFT yesterday was 58%. Can someone explain this to me? I got nowhere at the clinic. Thanks!
Michelle in Texas

Hi Michelle and welcome. This is all new for you and I am so sorry. we have a lot of people here who are vets--both cals and pals. YOu will get a ton of good advice and love from everyone here.

Oh, yes, I am here. I think. This is tough. my heart is heavy. getting heavier every day.

and nobody wants my free stuff! :(

Hi to all,
Not much to update ( very thankful) slow progression for my hubby. We just got back from 3 weeks vacation, France and England. Celebrated our 20th a little early. It was like we had no worries, enjoyed the moments and now back to reality!

Looks like we have some newbies, so sorry you have to be hear but I'm happy to welcome you to a wonderful sight with caring people.
This Sunday 18th we are doing the Walk to Defeat ALS in LA, maybe we'll meet some of you out there! We are Team EDvengers with red capes!
Bless you all, keep safe.
Alana

Barbie what about alsa if you have no takers or a vets home?

My husband was diagnosed in Sep. He has limb onset and his legs have gone quickly...he can still walk but requires AFOs and a walker. He is 64. A veteran as well. His PFT yesterday was 58%. Can someone explain this to me? I got nowhere at the clinic. Thanks!
Michelle in Texas

hi michelle,
so our PALS have trouble with proper respiration. not only can they have trouble inhaling, they can also have trouble exchanging the oxygen and exhaling the CO2. The pulmonary function test (pft) measures the lungs capacity to perform their proper functions. Many PALS (people with ALS) require a machine to help improve that function. it is called a bipap. Your husband will likely need one and soon, i'm guessing. The CO2 build up can cause headaches and eventually serious problems with the brain.

this is a scholarly article that has a lot of acronyms for your information
http://internal.medicine.ufl.edu/files/2012/06/5.12.02-How-to-Interpret-Pulmonary-Function-Tests.pdf

I'm having a hell of a week. I feel cursed and unlike you guys who are being polite, i've got to rant and get it off my chest...(thank goodness for this forum).

In the course of 7 days:

We woke up to find blood EVERYWHERE in our bed. It was real Godfather-horse-head-in-the-bed-an-offer-you-can't-refuse type blood. Turns out, the CAT has inoperable breast cancer. The vet wanted to put her down right there in the office. My BF is bereft. The cat seems fine, otherwise, but left to her own devices she licks one of the tumors and cue crime scene photos. We took her home and bundled her up in a hand made cat onesie. I am giving her cannabis oil. Fingers crossed.

One of the dogs seems to have dislocated its front leg and keeps screaming. She won't eat. The other one can't stop scratching. I turned him over. He has a HUGE bald spot where he's chewed off his own hair.

I got a new doctor, whom I despise. Now I have to find another one.

I visited the chiropractor for my back and leg pain. An hour later I lost my sense of taste. He says it's not related, but...whatever. I have no sense of taste but bitter. Even water tastes repugnant. I've lost 8 lbs, but not in a good way.

My BF seems to be having some kind of nervous breakdown. Gone to bed for the last few days crippling drunk and spending the entire night thrashing. I can't do anything about it. I'm overwhelmed and upset

UPSIDE!

My cannabis plant experiment is suddenly going well and the plant shot up with new growth.

and

My son got 100 percent on his CALCULUS midterm! I'm so proud of my freshman!

sending out love and hugs to everyone. I'm trying guided meditation. It's supposed to be very effective. If it works i'm going to try it with Kathy.

<3 <3
jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back