CALS Roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my last check in for a while. Becca hasn't had any fluids for four days. Her heart rate and temperature is rising. A chaplain is coming today and her music therapist comes tomorrow. She will present us with a song she wrote using Beccas thoughts about her life and what is to come. She's at peace now and will find final peace soon.
Mojo

holding your hand as you enter this difficult time.. know that all of us are with you in spirit

Focusing on Becca now is your priority. We can hold your hand and send you all our love and strength in the meantime.

>holding your hand as you enter this difficult time.. know that all of us are with you in spirit

Ditto that!

I know I always seem early but it is Wednesday morning for me.

I've had shocking internet connection the past 2 days, sometimes no connection for hours in a row - nearly drove me bonkers! Hoping the mobile towers (rural Australian connections are dodgy at best) are all back to capacity today!

Hi all, up in Perth at the moment, all is well, BJ is happy so that makes me happy, lots of hugs happening. Love to you all.
Gem

My dear friends...
Just a quick note to say that I am saying prayers for all of you today.
For strength, for peace, for love, and maybe even a little bit of sleep..
Huge hugs to you all.
OX Cheryl

Hope Perth is great Gem.
Cheryl, great to see you :)

I don't feel good when the CALS go quiet ...

Hands up :)

Mojo, thoughts are with you through this most difficult time. My heart breaks when I consider what you are facing.

Thinking of all you CALS & PALS and wishing you strength, peace and sleep in whatever stage you are in.

We're hanging in there. My PALS is in good spirits and doesn't seem to be progressing any faster. I managed to get a "before" & "after" video with his first MMJ experience from my phone to my FB account (only I can see it for now). Can anyone tell me how to post that here? (Warning: On a 0-10 techno-savvy scale, I'm a 2 at best. :() The change was pretty profound.

I'm especially tired today. Packing for another trip. Feels like we just got home from the last one and I'm not caught up with everything that needs doing after being gone nearly a month. I shouldn't complain, though. I feel so blessed we can do it, and this time we'll be with family and friends, including newly engaged son and future DIL. And we'll be celebrating our 30th anniversary. I'd better get to work now--I'll sleep on the ship. :) Hugs to all!

Mostly I use you tube - I do upload some really short koala vids directly to fb.

But here you would have to you tube them first.
If you can give me access to the video on fb I can you tube it for you?

Back home again, what a hectic week it was. Monday the 2 1/2 hour dive up and drop BJ off at his mums, pick up 2 of my sisters to go and pack up my eldest sisters clothes as they were distressing my brother inlaw, got back to m inlaws at 6 .30pm, Tuesday, drop m inlaw and BJ of at hospital for m inlaw to have heart monitor fitted and then up to Perth for a MND carers lunch, then off to take m inlaws cat to be put down as he was very unwell, Wednesday m inlaw back to hospital to have monitor removed and the off to find pants for BJ to wear to funeral as his normal pants no longer fit due to tummy muscles not holding his gut in anymore but couldn't find any to fit, then 2 sisters came over to discuss our cruise in October.
Thursday we take m inlaw up to the other side of Perth to visit a cousin who also has MND , had a lovely day but again didn't get home until after 6 pm. Friday was my Birthday and my sisters funeral, we had a family brunch, then afternoon funeral, wake, then out to dinner to celebrate Birthday and got home to m inlaws at 9 pm, Saturday up and car packed by 8 am to drive home and share a lunch with some friends we hadn't seen in many years. So now it's catch up time while soaking in the bath.
Hug and love to you all
Gem

Gembead- What an incredible amount of energy you must have! All of us know the toll that this takes much less everything else that is happening in your life.

Becca is still with us. I don't know how she can be doing what she is doing. Today is day eleven without any water. This is really taking a toll on her parents. Her mom got sick Monday, we called an ambulance but it turned out to be slight pneumonia and stress. We don't want to lose her but we all need peace.
She has always said that in heaven we could find her in the meadow playing with the dogs.
She will be there soon. Mojo

My sister was struggling with leaving as she said she didn't know how to get there
I wish Becca a peaceful passing very soon, stay strong Mojo
Hugs Gem

Gem - I'm totally exhausted reading what you did in a single week! You just became my hero indeed!

So sorry it is taking so long mojo, sadly sometimes it is that way as she is hanging on hard.

whew Gem, I am exhausted reading about your day! Mojo, hope it is soon for your becca.

what is going on here with me? holy mackerel, a lot. I can't even process it all on so many levels....

but with my sweet man, I don't know. I feel like we are in the last months actually. I can hardly believe it...but I just don't see how he could still be here at Christmas. not sad about it, not scared, just want it to be easy on him. tense--waiting. I told my sister in law last week that I could here the hoof beats of death coming.

I am at peace with his coming death, and feel no guilt or regret because I have loved him well. but when I cast my mind far ahead to the future without him--it is hard to imagine and pain shoots thru my heart. what a life we have all had my friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back