CALS Roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Heather and Ron. Please send her my condolences!

Oh Heather, so, so sorry. But he is pain free now and you were his faithful love during this journey. Hugs to you. Donna

A similar thing happened to me, my husband fell backwards on the bathroom floor with me trying to hang onto him as he went down. He hit the back of his head on the tile and seemed a little shocked for a while. Luckily someone was in the other bathroom conversion doing some tiling so he helped me get him up. After that incident he started using depends and has not used the commode since.

Hi All,
Still here... barely. But still here.
HeatherFeather, me heart goes out to you.
Hugs.
oxo

Seeing my brother in Virginia. A good friend of M's is staying with him and then they will both be taking a writing course in Provincetown. She is wonderful and lost her husband to ALS 4 years ago. I hope the Zinger will give M more freedom. He has a handicap room on campus so should be able to Zing around. He loves it up there.
I am enjoying my time here with family and friends, though I miss my guy. We are both better with some time away! Picture is friends' house in Virginia.
Anna

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 241
Barbie, my hubby's last six falls have been in the bathroom. I'm afraid we're going to have an injury before he gives up, but at least he tolerates my assistance now.

>my hubby's last six falls have been in the bathroom. I'm afraid we're going to have an injury before he gives up

bad strategy! really, I tried it and it really hurts.

We have only had a couple of real falls and they were long ago. honestly, I can't believe that my husband can still stand anyway...his feet are so twisted and legs so thin. I measured his thigh--14 inches circumference. good grief, my arm is 11 (his is 7). this is all so brutal.

we do have a hoyer lift waiting in the garage for the day it is needed.

I am still here. Nothing to report. Sorry to hear about HeatherFeather's Ron.

I have three weeks left of a vacation, I'm beginning to stress a little about what will happen when I go back to work at the end of the month. He's not completely incapacitated, he can still use the restroom, and he showers (every third day or so), although I insist he's not alone when he showers. I read through the recent post on schedules, and I'm thinking that we don't need home care just yet, he just needs someone to cook for him, and keep him company, and his children should be able to manage that for now. Lots of worries and lots of decisions to make. I think I need to start planning a daily schedule for everyone to follow. Sigh...

>, I can't believe that my husband can still stand anyway...his feet are so twisted and legs so thin.

made me think of you :)

Attachments

• 1554521_590408687715137_364449962_n.jpg
    1554521_590408687715137_364449962_n.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 157
Max that is sooo going on my wall. Should actually tattoo it on my forehead...
J x

I'm here still, hands up CALS so many have still been fairly quiet for a while now.

I'm here. I'm trying to come up with something positive to contribute. Nope, I got nothing.

Late sorry, I'm here too, we are in Ceduna South Australia tonight and heading for the Western Australian border tomorrow.
Love Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back