CALS Roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim (Darcy) has been missed as well. Always concerning when people stop participating. Steph, loved your comment about Big Mark!
By the way, have a great trip.

Went to the VA today, much as I expected. They gave him Xanax to help with the anxiety, and gabapentin to help ease his muscle stiffness. He is down to 136 lbs now, he's 5'11"..
The doctor told me he has 6 months or less. I don't think we will go back for any appointments, they can do it via computer or telephone.
on top of everything else, the door on the van is not working properly so at first the ramp would not deploy. Now I have to get that fixed.
Amanda.

Jim came on to the site today. Sometimes you just feel lime checking in but not sharing. Its too hard. I miss the banter though.

>Jim came on to the site today. Sometimes you just feel lime checking in but not sharing. Its too hard. I miss the banter though.

Ditto that!

Amanda I have that same problem on my van intermittently. my is a Toyota Sienna. I think It is a computer problem soI have been living with it as hubby barely goes out--not even once a month anymore. The doc comes to the house and he is too weak to enjoy going anywhere. I have to force the door by hand sometimes and lower the ramp as well. other times works just fine so I go a little crazy.

Goose, when are you leaving town? will you check in once in a while? remember we are all rooting for you to have a memorable trip!

Tillie and Donna, I am glad the ups are starting to outweigh the downs...

Re: Van ramp. Our van does that too. Sometimes I need to push on the door when it is fully open to remind the computer to do its job, especially when pointed downhill. I'm sorry to hear about your friends.

We also have a sienna, 2014. I called the dealer today and they said the ramp mechanism needs a 6 month service, any repairs are under warranty. So I have an appointment for that. We won't be going out much in it any more so I'm not too worried about it. It works if I push on it.
Amanda.

We leave Friday june 26th.. hotels.we are at are modern with wifi so I will.check.in. Had to do it so.we had air conditioning and.electricity for.all the breathing stuff.

The va remodel is looking dubious....its approved but I doubt everything will be ready to.go.before Friday. I am just writing it off.at this.point and making a tentaitve plan for.when we get back..

Lots of.packing and arranging this weeking and I have to work Sunday so....have a nice weekend everyone!

Back home again at least for 2 days before we head of back to Perth to get ready for our flight to Sydney so we can pick up the new car. The tiler has started in the ensuite and it should be finished by the time we get back. Tomorrow I will finish packing and cook for a morning tea on Tuesday. So busy busy as usual, looking forward to spending time with BJ as we drive back across Australia and make some wonderful memories.
Love Gem

Yesterday I went and visited my sister to say goodbye to her, she is in palliative care in a very nice hospital. It's so hard to say Goodbye when you believe it will be the last. I will be very surprised if she is still with us when we get home from our trip. Why is it you can't find the words you want to say when you are there, I can think of some lovely things now that I'm home 300 kms away. I did tell her I loved her, I thanked her and wished her sweet dreams...
Love Gem

:-( sad, but important ...

Gem so true. As I held my friends hand last week, I told him I loved him, but I wanted to tell him what an inspiration and role model he was to us ever since we met him, and tell him a funny story about when we first met...but I couldn't. I couldnot say goodbye. my mouth just would not form the words, would not let me let go of him. He passed this morning...

I'm sorry Barbie...but I believe that somehow he knew just what you were thinking!

>I think its been quiet because we don't hear from Dalvin and Clearwater Al anymore....bigmark has no one to really aggravate!

:)

>I couldnot say goodbye. my mouth just would not form the words, would not let me let go of him. He passed this morning...

our condolences :-( .... we never forget!

Attachments

• 1797510_599122803510392_2116907963_n.jpg
    1797510_599122803510392_2116907963_n.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 204
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back