CALS Roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gem my favourite colour is purple, so how about we skip mauve (too pastel) and call em purple jobs!

I'm quite pleased with the things I've learned to do (and just as pleased when someone has turned up in time to do some with me).

So impressive if he takes this fall as a last warning and is careful now. Even better if you let your gut instinct kick in if he has a lapse of memory on that warning...

Tillie, it is so great to hear about your job opportunity!

Thanks Mike!
I used to love my work with such a passion and really lost the passion for it when Chris passed. My professional world just looked like an alien landscape.

>Tillie, it is so great to hear about your job opportunity!

missed this ... pls advise :)

Attachments

• 10959577_734075923375428_1463813411013033603_n.jpg
    10959577_734075923375428_1463813411013033603_n.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 129
Ha Max I'm just happy if there is enough for the food I don't grow after I pay my mortgage each month!

Thanks Mike. It's contract work, as I work for myself, I can't imagine being someone's employee as I've worked for myself for about 20 years now.

Our CALS seem so quiet lately, I find myself checking all the time xxx

Although I've not been a member for very long, I just wanted to let everyone know that my husband Tom passed away Saturday evening. Our daughter happened to be visiting from Seattle, so we were both with him when he passed. He was on morphine and had been sleeping most of the day in his wheelchair. One minute he was still breathing very shallowly, then he just stopped. It was a peaceful way to go. He was diagnosed in December 2012, he was 59 and a veteran. We will miss him, but are happy that he is no longer suffering this awful disease.
Amanda

Thursday morning in Australia, so well into Wednesday for the other CALS.

I'm here, up and down week, on the up now tho :)

Here! Yet another tech who hopes he's fixed our internet just left; my fingers are crossed. Tomorrow is our 22nd anniversary :) We will celebrate by driving into town to have some new sunglasses made for hubby (it's a long drive) and doing some othr shopping while we're out. Ops...guess I'd better go swap out the seats in the van--I now on most of the trips that are an hour or longer.

Hi, I'm still here, just received the phone call to say my lovely sister has just passed away. We have been expecting it for weeks now, I am happy for her that her struggle with cancer is now over.
We have a couple of Grandies with us for two more days. Hopefully the bathroom plumbing will be finished tomorrow.
Love and hugs to you all
Gem

Gem, I'm sorry for the loss of your dear sister... even as I'm glad that she no longer has to struggle. It is such an enigmatic conundrum! Enjoy the grandkids... they are young for so short a time. Waiting to hear wondrous tales about the bathroom changes... sooner than later. My best!

Jim

Gem, losing a sister is tough! They are the only ones who understand all about your life from childhood on. Hugs to you.
Happy anniversary Nuts.
I am busy fighting hordes of mosquitoes! The poor cat has lost the hair on her ears from them biting her! Guess she will have to stay in and take a break from chipmunk hunting! She won't be a happy girl!
Think I am ready to join a grief group - thought my independent nature would be all I needed to heal. After 8 months, the sadness is just hanging in. Please hug your PALS for me today! Donna

Happy Anniversary, Nuts! Wishing you a lovely day out together.

Gem, so sorry to hear your sister passed--it's always so hard even when we know they're ready. Hoping the joy your grandies bring will help mitigate your sorrow some.

Tillie, hope as the days move along, you increasingly find more up than down. Congratulations on the new work. Wishing you a renewed passion for it!

Donna, thinking of you and hoping you find just the right grief group. Community is so important. Poor kitty--maybe the chipmunks can be mosquito food for awhile.

Things are calm here with my PALS. And I am so grateful. Have a good week all.

@Nuts - what an anniversary! New sunnies (do you guys call them that?) sounds great!

@Gem I'm so sorry to hear of your sisters battle, so tough to lose her yet knowing she is at peace. Grandies yay - but a fully functioning bathroom sounds like a good idea!

@Donna - grieving is a rottenly long process. Do join a group, and I love that you keep talking here.

@ 4tloml - now I just smile so much seeing your screen name :D Glad things are going ok there.

I'm certainly having more up days than down. The new contract looks a definite, they will extract a lot out of me, but it's only the second time I've wanted some work since Chris passed. The other time was only a little while ago, a smaller job but I'm enjoying that one too. A relief as I wasn't sure I would ever enjoy work again for a while there!

Keep putting your hands up for the roll call, I miss you all when you are too quiet...

@ Nuts, hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

@ Donna, I hugged my Grumpy and told him it was from you. He smiled and asked me if any more young chicks were looking for free hugs?! He is impossible sometimes. I do hope you find a good support group. I am glad to see you here as you have such great advice.

@ Tillie, I am glad you having more up days than down. I can't even let myself think about what I will do down the road. I have worked with Grumpy for so long I am not sure how I will ever do a job on my own.

@ Gem, so sorry about your sister even though we know it's near its still not easy. Enjoy the grandkids while you have them!

@ 4tloml , I am glad things are calm. It's amazing how one good week can make everything seem so much better.

We are much the same. Practicing with eyegaze as he is losing his voice, he doesn't like it but it is what it is!
Hugs to you all,
~Kaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back