CALS Roll Call Continued

Although I am no longer a CALS, big hug to all who are! V/day just past ..... and a big day of loss & challenges realized for all of you. You are my sisters & brothers in this horrible fight against The Beast. I think of you all every day & wish you all strength.

Good to see you Bonnie - past CALS checking in here is wonderful.

If you like past CALS checking in you're in the right thread. We have a stretch of early spring in Germany and I'm traveling by train through the whole country.
Sending you busy CALS a bunch of sun rays.

Hi Bonnie

Wish you trip sounds amazing.

I’ve had a bit of a struggle this week as today would have been our 34th anniversary.

Sending my well wishes, love, strength and peach to those in the trenches with this BEAST.

Hugs

Hugs, Sue. I pray for comfort for everyone who lost a spouse / life partner.

Oh my goodness, Wishmobbing! I am itching for a vacation. Enjoy!

A week or so after the funeral we moved home. Everything is out of the rental now, just have the final clean up, which is scheduled for next Monday. I immediately got sick and spent a week on the couch. Then hubby got the crud. Still working our way through, day by day, but really wish I was getting more done.

4 months since I lost my husband to this awful disease, it seems like forever ago and it seems like just last week. I was doing fairly well, then winter hit hard .Then it was his BD, then mine. That has set me back emotionally.. people said there would be up and downs. So much to do to keep my acreage running all by myself. I miss my PALS, but for moments I am mad at him for leaving me with all this. Then I buckle in and try to make him proud of what I can do,. This too shall pass.. The paperwork is pretty much done.. one small advantage of this disease is you do have time to get affairs in order. Made it so much easier now. I'm decluttering the house, with help, cause I still can't focus on the job at hand. Will hopefully have this place on the market by summer. Then a simpler life,
Take care all CALS and former CALS .

I haven't been here for a while. This past week the electric wheelchair for my dad arrived. While he is still able to walk at home, we hope it will help to make him more independent when being outdoors.

On the other hand, we went for a breathing revision and his breathing remains completely unaffected. Given that he's been living for the disease for about three years now, we count ourselves lucky.

Hope everyone is doing relatively well!

Trees are budding here.

My pals is using the trilogy a few hours during the day now as well as all night. His speech is worse and we are using more texting and text to talk for communicating. He is still eating ok and sleeping ok at night.

I am trying to arrange for some extra help so I can go away for a couple days and just get some sleep.

@Eldavia good to see you back and dropping in. I know I was stunned that grieving didn't just take months. Please be kind to yourself xx

@Emanol that's all good news really - the PWC will really conserve energy and keep him so much safer. It will also allow him to have a lot more control by being mobile again in an independent way :)

@ARCG I hope you get that time away soon, respite for CALS is hugely important!

Once a CALS - always a CALS? IDK, but I do check this thread on occasion and wish all of you going thru the everyday stresses and trials of dealng with ALS / "The Beast" strength, fortitude, love, tolerance, etc. This is a tough, tough disease! Today marks 8 months since I lost my husband/PALS Dave. It is less difficult all the time ........ so I do want to share that with others. That said, not one day goes by that memories - good/bittersweet, etc. bring me back / grab me so intensely that I have to rely on my natural ability at public stoicism to keep myself composed. Such little, seemingly "meaningless" things can put the brakes on my mood (the sight of greeting cards in a store, buying shrimp - which Dave loved so much, reading about a new book or movie coming out that I know Dave would have loved......). Much love and strength wished for all of you present CALS!

Oops I think I did this reply to a quote thing incorrectly..
I was just commenting on what Buckhorn said about the little things that catch us off guard during the day. Oh my yes, so true.. For me it is songs that suddenly have meanings I had not heard before.. that bring tears when driving. And the little things we see and do during the day and I think to myself " oh I must remember to tell Ron about this tonight" and then it hits me that he won't be there to share it with. SIGH

Bonnie it is still such a short time since your loss, such very raw grief. It takes years for that rawness to ease. Love seeing you here xx

Hello everyone..haven't been here in a while but wanted to check in. It's been a few months for me. Update.. My husband started on Radicava in September... At the time he had a small lump in his neck, about the size of a dime. During our visits with his doctors, we would bring it to their attention but they would dismiss it... By November the mass had grown larger and multiplied in to several. The 5th cycle of Radicava still sits in the box ,unused because he was diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer. Stage 4..started in his lungs and has moved to his neck. He has had two chemo treatments ,but had to cancel for a few weeks due to wbc count dropping dangerously low rather quickly. He goes to clinic in a few weeks, we haven't been there since this new path in Dans journey began. Should be interesting because his clinic dr was not at all happy when he learned Dan had started using the "liquid gold"....stay strong people...hugs

geneice good to see you post an update - as if ALS wasn't enough! I'm so sorry your husband was ignored when asking about that lump earlier.

Hi everyone...checking in to see how everyone is doing...It has been a little less than five months and everything is just as it was when Ronald was here...Still very hard to believe... I have some equipment still here and i look at it and think just the other day he was using this or that....Its weird but I still talk to him and I believe he's somewhere listening. Every time i look at the girls i see him. He may not be around physically but every where I look I see him as he was - not sick, and that, oddly enough gives me comfort...I pray everyday they find a cure for this unspeakable curse!!! My heart goes out to those who are still suffering in their body but their minds remain as sharp as ever! Whatever I can do for someone please let me know...
Take care...

Back