Buzzing/vibrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Buzzing & Vibrating have anything to do with anything (I get it also in my left leg by the end of the day). But one thing I can say is that during my Lumbar Puncture the doctor hit something near my spine that sent my left leg "jumping, flopping, and then slowed down to a buzzing/vibrating feeling". When he saw my leg jump & move he asked what was wrong, it took me a few seconds while the pain went down, then I told him, "it felt like my leg was being electrocuted". Like I said I have no idea what it means, or where those nerves are in the back, but it sure was not a good experience.

k2626

I hope you are doing better. I would wait on anther emg. I have alot of what you have. I have the pain, joint cracking, twitching, AND I have weakness and muscle atrophy. I have had 2 emgs about 3months after symptoms and a biopsy. I think you should wait at least anther 6 months. I was going to have a follow up one on the 24th but my neuro felt that we should wait untill feb or march. That would be more than a year from symptoms. I agree'd, I dont need any bad news before the holdiays anyway, but it might be good news too.

take care

Thanks...do doctors tell you what they suspect? Mine are stumped...I do not have any weakness. I have extreme bad shooting stabbing pains which is how this all started. I just woke up one day to these toothache pains hitting randomly over my body.

I have been told a clean EMG is good, but I still cannot help but worry when I have no diagnosed. I am in the process of being diagnosed with possible lyme as well. I have been told by drs that ALS typically is not sensory, meaning no shooting/stabbing pains etc...

My als doc is not sure.

I woke up one day with pains as well. I noticed it when after having a baby (about 4 weeks) going to a christmas party and I wore high heel boots. the next day my feet were in soo much pain. That had never happen before. I thought it was from not wearing them in the summer and being pregnant and wearing flip flops. Then I started having those deep pains in my feet and hands along with ankels and knees and wrists. I really thought I had RA or something. I also noticed when I went christmas shopping, that after an hour or so, I felt like a old lady with BAD arthriitis or something. My feet and knee and back hurt and I told my family that we had to sit down....very strange for someone who was playing competitive tennis 4x a week 5 months earlier!

Then the joint cracking. Then the twitching.....it was just one twitch on my hand below my pinkie. I thought it was from holding the bottle. then it exploded to everywhere. During this time I also got sick with colon infection and my thighs hurt. Then I noted the atrophy on my left ankle. Then came then thinning in the hands and b/w thumb and index finger and then the feet.....

I have had 2 emgs, muscle biopsy, brain mri, spinal and lumbar and cevical MRI.....a ton of rheumy bloodwork becasue I had a + ana, but nothing that showed anything. I have no diagnosed and my symptoms continue....

My twitching was getting better but today it was worse than before in my calf, I could see them while driving!

MY pains moved around and still do. THe worst is the dull ache in the thumb and finger. I am holding out the hope and living in the land of denial, it works nicely for me.

I have pushed of my follow up emg untill jan. so say a prayer for me.......

I understand your concern, but it is most likley not als. HOld on to that . I am going with that. I have FINALLY decided to go with the experts untill otherwise. It was a hard choice and I still feel nervous that I have this BUT untill someone says it to me, I will not go there fully.

take care and bless you

april

I can tell you this....relax! Just like wright said. If you had all these symptoms and then had an emg and it was clean your okay. The muscles would have started the denervation process and thus the other symptoms would then appear. If your had a clean emg and the doctors are stumped then als is not in the picture. My advice...stop reading and start listening to what others are saying. You would know by now if you had als, you would be alot weaker and not be able to still do all you do. The twitching and the pain and all your symptoms would have caused the doctors to call it by now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back