Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Chandler
Hi all - I appreciate everyone’s insight and send much love to those struggling with this disease. I’m 49 and have never had a heath scare until this year. It has been a long few months for me and my family. I have lost 15 lbs and have a tall thin frame to begin with so I’m looking very thin. I was diagnosed with a heart condition and have undergone a cardiac ablation recently.Prior to the ablation, about 5 weeks ago I developed a buzzing/vibrating sensation in my feet that has gone up my legs and at times shakes my whole body. It feels like nerves firing all over my legs and feet. It’s in my arms as well and my left arm feels really weird when I move it. When I lay down at night I have a cough that wakes me up quite often. It’s not like chest congestion, it’s like the vibrations tickle my throat and make a cough. The vibrations are more intense in the evening. Lastly, my toes twitch and feel a bit awkward when I walk or even just sitting here.. like my little toes on the right are squishing into the others. I get occasional twitching in other places on my back and torso. I just know if we did an EMG there would be activity in my muscles At rest. I used to check my heart on my Apple Watch but now on my left hand I can’t get a reading. The line goes all over the place. I have struggled with anxiety my whole life but never felt anything like this. Could this be ALS?

Did you get a Covid test? I'd be more concerned about that than ALS, at this point. What did your cardio say about the reading? Sometimes in thin people, they have to put something over the leads on the chest. I have a benign heart arrhythmia and they did this for years on my chest to get an accurate reading. When I do my O2, sometimes it won't register.

I don't see anything in your post that would suggest ALS but you might need to see your primary care for an EKG and a CV test.

Thank you. I had a COVID test before the ablation. Vibrations stared before the ablation too. Negative for virus and antibodies. I know buzzing isn’t usually an ASL sign but wondered if you can feel the fillibrations sometimes as they damage the muscles. It feels like a nerve firestorm is going on in my body. Thank you so much.

No one can feel fibrillations. ever. It is physiologically impossible. Buzzing is quite commonly reported in this subforum. None of these people ever come back and say they have ALS

Buzzing is often down to lack of refreshing sleep, dehydration and/or anxiety. Also, even though I recognize you had issues before it, after an ablation, it often takes a while for your heart to settle in.

I would ask about being screened for RLS/PLMD and maybe an at-home sleep study. I don't see anything to worry about in re ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back