Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Hi- I am shopping for my mom for a button hooker (mainly for her jeans and pants) and I read the post mentioning Sammons Preston. I was looking at their website and they have a couple different versions. I can call the company and ask more detail, but is one version better than the other- from your personal experience? I saw one was hand held (wand version) and the other goes over your hand with a band. My mom has bulbar ALS, but she is starting to loose strength in her hands. She seems to drop stuff quite a bit. I was thinking of ordering her a couple of things so it would be one less thing for her to worry about- And if you recommend any other helpful tools please let me know.
Thanks so much!

hey there,
After you have a few more posts, you should be able to private message me and I have some info for you on the button-holer things
-b

I would love to know more about button hookers too. I don't mind helping my mum with her buttons/zips but I can see she much prefer to do it herself with some help. So if it makes her happy, I would love to get her one of those too. :)

Brenda I'll fix it so you can PM her now. She'll be able to do them as well.

AL.

thanks Al,
-b

I am not sure about button helpers but what I did for my husband was put key ring holders on all his zippers and this helps him pull up and down his pants.

button hooks

Hello, We changed buttons to velcro fasteners and they worked well for quite a while. Hope this helps.

Info on the Button Hooker

Hi- Sorry I'm just getting a chance to get back on the forum. Well actually I've just recovered from an illness, but it was nothing compared to what this forum is about. Brenda I would love your input as there were a couple options to choose from. You may have sent me an email, but I double checked and didn't see one- so it could be floating around in cyberspace. Thanks!

Pocket Dresser

Hi,

I just got the Pocket Dresser from Sammons Preston. It looks sort of like a Swiss Army Knife with button hooks, zipper pull and more that pull out easily. My husband thinks it is great!

Lynn
CALS diagnosed 08/08

hey lovinglife,
I thought I had send you an email too, but the ice has crashed so much stuff here, I can't find it.
Actually , the things I have are not very user friendly, in my opinion. If you want me to send you one, just let me know,
take care,
-b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back