Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
OR
City
Albany
Hey guys,

I am counting on you to explain this one to me. Mom is absolutely always hot and sweaty. Temperature is fine. This has come on in the last couple of weeks. Any ideas? Is this just part of the progression.

Thanks a million,
Holly

holly, i dont know why, but that happens to me. especially at nigh, i wake up wet in sweat.

Has she been diagnosed with ALS? Sound like her problem is respiratory in nature. She should be scheduled for a sleep study in case she needs a Cpap or Bipap machine at night. Also she should have her heart checked out just in case. It isn't normal to perspire during sleep unless you simply have the room too hot or too many covers. My best to you and yours. M

Is your mom diabetic? My son's wife knows if his sugar is down if she notices him sweating in his sleep.

AL.

Is your mom postmenopausal? Might be hormone related also.
-brenda

Thanks guys!

Yes mom has been diagnosed AlS almost 2 years now. She is post-menopause, and is using a bi-pap at night. Really not sure what is happening. She wants Ice Pack on her neck all day long now, she just feels very hot.

Thanks-
Holly

hopealive,
What drugs is she on for ALS? I can't recall the name of the drug right now but my mom was taking something new for several months and started getting hot flashes and dizziness, once she quit they stopped. Good luck.
Tfisher

Mom has been taking a blood pressure med this past week as her blood pressure sky-rocketed. We are going to stop that and see if her feeling of being hot goes away. I have been reading and it may also just be a sign of respiratory distress. I pray we are not there yet.
Love to all.
Holly

We've talked about this on a few threads a few months back. I don't know if anyone ever came up with clear explanations, but apparently it is not all that uncommon. The idea that it might be respiratory-related sounds like a good bet to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back