Not open for further replies.

myooshka

Country
CA
State
alberta
City
Sylvan Lake
has anyone found they have burning in their eyes? I'm not sure if it's a nerve thing. Has anyone had or heard of pressure headaches related to mnd? For about a year and a half before I first got sick I had extreme pressure on the right side of my head. I would get this pressure feeling that would go into my right ear.Ihave clicking noises when the pressure gets bad. An ent thought it was a sinus problem and did surgery which never changed a thing. He said if the surgery did not fix it that it was never a sinus problem. My new Dr. says could be related to a nerve in the neck.

have you been checked for lyme?

myooshka,

Your headaches may be a nerve thing like your doc says. there is a nerve that is located above your ear that can be quite nasty when aggravated. take a look at this and see if this is what you are talking about:

Trigeminal neuralgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This very, very painful and causes pain in your eyes as well. The only thing I found that helps is migraine meds. And sometimes nothing helps. It makes you want to tear your head off.

don't know if that is what you are describing or not. you will notice that MS is menttioned for younger people suffering this pain.

I think i've had this for years

I talked to a neurologist once due to migraines, he noted that most people that have sinus headaches are actually having migraines. He said that sinus headaches are rare and often misdiagnosed when its actually a migraine, However a important note.. if this starts bothering you more than 3 times a months you need to see a neuro because frequent migraines can cause seizures.
-monk

I have the clicking and pressure. I was told it was due to a post-nasal drip.

not checked for lyme

Have not been checked for lyme, can this cause atrophy? My hands are really getting messed up. There is almost no muscle on the palms and the last two fingers on both are starting to curl in. I have symptoms of als just the sensory stuff I have as well. Lately I have troubles with memory, can't think of how to spell a simple word or I'll be talking and just forget what I'm saying and I'm 31 years old. So scared

I am surprised your ENT did not suggest TMJ, temporal mandible disorder or something ike that........ It can cause those same exact symptoms and the clicking noise can be from slight displacement of your jaw.

I had no jaw problems and the popping comes from in my head, feels like sinus it's even audible to my husband, I don't know it's wierd like pressure bothers my when flying, it's the least of my worries with the other crap I've got going on.

We have to understand that having ALS doesnt mean everytime we have a symptom it is all from ALS We still can have other things heart disease cancer strokes and a host of other viruses and bacterias .The problem is everyone here associates every symptom to be ALS If you have a headache Maybe you have ALS and a sinus infection. And the people that have sensor problems Can be ALS and something else. I have high cholestrol and high blood pressure so I may have different symptoms than some one without high chol and high BP Like some people are told they have Lymes ,They could have Lymes and ALS both. I am saying that we are not immune to only one thing It came be a host of others

Pat - you're right, I think a lot of us forget about that. I have two bulging cervical discs which could be the reason for my arm weakness and falling asleep shoulders/arms a lot. I have thought about that. Sometimes we have to really think to sort these things out.

My sister is suffering from a similar affliction.

Her test showed a pinched/deviated ocular nerve, and although they're not finished with her testing (MRI and CT), her physicians and technicians have hinted at glaucoma as well.

I recommend talking with your primary care physician first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back