Diagnosis
05/2006
Country
US
State
Ms
City
Gulfport
Alright already. I have put it off long enough.

I am going to have bumper stickers made up, if possible, to put on the back of wheel chairs, cars, etc. and cards to hand out with ALS basic info on them. Someone needs to do this, so I will.

Any ideas about content on the cards will be appreciated. Needs to be brief so it will fit yet give an overall view. Please pm me your ideas.
I had thought of just putting "Google ALS" on the back of my wheelchair for some time, but that just seems to lack enough umph.
There may be something out there already that I do not know about, so help me with this, Please.

MTPockets - I have had a business card made up through VistaPrint web site. You can get 250 for free. Mine says

There is No Cure for ALS
There is No Treatment for ALS
"Lou Gehrig's Disease"
For More Information Please Join
My website address
ALS Matters to Me
My Name
My e-mail address
Diagnosis 12/13/07

What you do is add the words on whatever line you want however you want on their template. So you can see what you are getting and have whatever background you choose - or add in your own background for FREE. Pretty cool.

I also ordered two small 4x6 deals for the windows of my car. You can get car door magnets, all kinds of things.

Obviously my card is to promote awareness and the new web site. To me the compelling words are that ALS matters to me - and a year ago it didn't.

I also plan on having a car windshield sunscreen made up by a friend. Then every time I park someone will have to read about ALS. Hope it makes them curious.

Sharonca

Last edited by a moderator:
MTPockets - I responded to you and it will appear soon I hope. I put it on the other thread. Maybe someone could bring it over here for me.

Sharonca

It's already up on the other thread. Pretty good service eh? I'll try to copy it here. Never tried it before. Hope it works.

AL.

OK it worked but they are time sensitive so your post is actually above your discussion about the post here.

AL.

Thanks Al. The web site has excellent service and I got my cards and things within a week or so.

Sharonca

Great ideas. Thanks for the info. I plan to print my own cards as I have some business card stock left. I have checked on several companies that make bumper stickers and found one that will make as little as one sticker. Of course the more you order the cheaper the price.
So far the best idea seems to be
ALS GOOGLE IT
Lou Gehrig's Disease in smaller letters. For the bumper sticker and maybe the back of my wheelchair.
Any ideas anyone? If anyone want to order their own bumper stickers I will be glad to share the link with you to the company?

Thanks for doing the research. I'd like the link, please. I think your text is terrific.

Mt -

I like ALS GOOGLE IT too, but I suggest you differentiate the ALS part from the GOOGLE IT part, like this:

"ALS" - google it...

Something with text size or font or whatever. Just a minor change.

Yes, Wright, it's gonna keep you busy. But anything that drives ALS awareness is going to have that side effect. Actually, when I tried googling it, I get some pretty informative hits, nothing that emphasizes twitching!

I love the ideas on this site! You guys are great!

-Tom

Good point. Thanks for the info.

Some charge a setup charge, others do not. Some will charge for artwork. Just a mix out there. This one will make as little as one sticker it that is all you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vistaprint.com also prints as few of things as you need. And you can add your own artwork.

Awareness is the key - however we get that one more person to "get it" - ALS Matters To Me is my motto!

Sharonca

I like their site and the prices are reasonable. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back