Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
FR
State
OC
City
Montpellier
Hello everyone. I have spasms on my lips and on my tongue when I have just eaten or spoken. my singing voice has dropped a bit ... I also have muscle spasms all over the place ... and have been doing so for a month and a half.
I saw a neurologist who gave me an EMG. he tested my four limbs and the orbicularis lips muscle. he told me everything was ok. but I fear, (because of its symptoms around my mouth and my singing voice) a bulbar appearance.
thank you all for your understanding and sorry if my question seems out of place (as well as my english)

Last edited:
Please read here very carefully:

spasms are not ALS, and anything could be affecting your voice.

I would suggest you go back to your general doctor and ask what they think is the next step. We won't argue against a neurologist who examined you, or a clean EMG.

All the best.

hello everyone, and thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
I will just have one last question: I feel vibrations in the lips and I have some fasciculations (lips and tongues) also once I have just chewed (after a meal). these fasciculations disappear with rest. is this possible in als?
Thanks again to everyone.

vibrations and twitching really mean nothing I'm happy to say, try reading the post I gave you a link to again any time you get worried about these things as it will really help you

Try drinking non-alcoholic beverages more before and after you eat, and maybe a sugar-free cough drop after. An oil-based lip balm may also help.

Best,
Laurie

hello everyone and thank you for this forum.

I saw a neurologist this morning who didn't examine (looked at my previous EMG which was ok) and told me bulbar ALS never starts with lip or chin fasciculations ...

I read other info elsewhere ...

I am a little lost.

I don't want to disturb you and thank you for your kindness.

I wish you the best,

The neurologist is totally correct. I bet you didn't even realise how much the neuro did in fact examine you, just not the way you expected. We simply won't engage in arguing against a neurologist exam, or debate what you find by trawling around online. Return to read this post, if you need to read more, and I wish you all the best.

You don't need to be here, please return to your PCP and ask what is next for helping you return to full health.

Hello everyone,
my stress is very big i had a new emg yesterday.
on the anterior tibialis muscle there are polyphasic mup.
the neurologist said there was nothing neurogenic and my emg was clean.
but these mup worry me.
is this an indicator of als?
Thank you for your patience and courage.

No. Your neurologist is the expert. Believe them You do not have a medical degree just because you spent time with Mr Google. Polyphasic mups are not ALS

No, it isn't. Go back to your docs for further answers to your questions. Since you've been told "no ALS" several times, continuing to hang around an ALS forum is totally unhealthy.

Good luck to you.

Sorry, thanks a lot

Yet you are still online 4 hours later.
You really can't be cleared of ALS any more than you have been so it is time to leave for your own mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back