Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
HI
City
Kaneohe
Hi all, I am a 23 yr old male. A little background so you know how we got here.
In October of 2020 I started having episodes of very light vertigo. I also had a anxiety attack a few days after the vertigo began. At that point I was diagnosed with mild anxiety. I also began having sinus issues like sinus pressure and sinus pain particularly in the right temporal region. Sometimes it would occur in the left temple but it would mostly occur there. I also had tinnitus once everyday.
Beginning in March of 2021, I noticed my front teeth would occasionally strike each other when I speak. This is when my speech started to be a bit weird. I could not speak as sharp or as clear as I used to. I also noticed having a bit of a lateral lisp especially with words -sl or -ls.
In mid may of 2021, I started having an eye twitch under my left eye that would stop when I closed my eye or took a hot shower. A month later I started having random body twitches all over my body. It would stop with movement or a warm shower. At the beginning of July, after reading through what my symptoms could have been (seeing I may have als) I had a severe panic attack. At this point im now twitching under both eyelids and it would stop after closing my eyes. I would also get this tingle sensation at times under my eyes that would come and go. Two days after my panic attack, I began feeling this globus sensation in my throat on my right side. I wouldn’t feel it much at night or when I wake up, busy as the day progressed it would get worse to the point I was gagging. The gagging lasted about two weeks before the gagging stopped but I still had a scratchy irritated throat that would come and go. Sometimes I would feel food/liquid would be bit harder to swallow at times and other times I have no trouble. Chewing isn’t difficult but I do feel the area my temporomandibular region is sore after prolonged chewing.
I have visited the doctor multiple times and this is what I’ve been diagnosed with so far.
Adjust Disorder with mixed depression and depressed mood
Post Nasal Drip
I did ask my doctor if I had something like als or ms, and after running a neurological exam that consisted of testing reflexes, strength, and ability to walk, they said it’s unlikely. My dentist has said he has not noted any issue with my temporomandibular joint.
I have read the “read before posting” thread. I understand most of my symptoms point away from als but the one thing I’m still worried about is the speech issue. I’m not sure if it could be bulbar or something else.
I apologize if the post is too long.
Thanks
Michael

I'm so sorry for the things you are experiencing.
We sure won't disagree with your doctors.
I think you already know this has nothing to do with ALS as you read the sticky note before posting.
There are forums for depression and anxiety that might help you, but this is not the place for you.

Hi Michael-

I don't think you will find anyone here who will disagree with any of the medical professionals who've already supplied you with answers. Nor, as you know, does the "Read Before Posting" thread support even a consideration of ALS based on what you report.

Hoping you get some support for your health anxiety while you track down any reasons for your symptoms, but this forum is for folks with ALS.

Please take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back