Not open for further replies.

SJones

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Having rapid progression of bulbar symptoms. Local Neuro I saw told her of constant throat mucus and some difficulty swallowing. She just dismissed it. Going to Duke in December but maybe sooner I hope. Diagnosis phase has been very long and painful. Since that Neuro appt my throat mucus and swallowing plus throat constant squeezing like discomfort has increased every day rapidly Looking for any advise of how to handle the symptoms. Thank you

Previous thread here:

Last edited by a moderator:
What testing did the neuro do? It would be unethical for you to see a neuro and them completely dismiss your symptoms without having done any testing. Are you slurring your words, or have others noticed you slurring? In ALS, slurring is typically the first symptom.

Nevermind, I missed reading your previous thread. In your old thread, you stated you thought you had ALS in your legs, and now you think its bulbar? No, with all the clean EMG and clinical exams you've had, you do not have ALS. How terribly sad that you have chosen (yes, it's a choice) to cling on to ALS, instead of accepting all the medical evidence that says you do not have it. Please let go of this fear.

Good luck to you

Last edited:
What makes you think this is rapid progression?
In June you said you had symptoms for 1.5 years already.
I have to tell you that my husband was dead 11 months after diagnosis, that is rapid progression.
He did not have anything like what you have reported last thread nor this thread.
You have actually been cleared of ALS already, so going to a 'local neuro' is not going to help at all.

Please start back with your PCP and let them direct the investigations as this sounds like something else entirely and can possibly be treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back