Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NC
City
RR
First, thank you to everyone here who has battled this. All of us who come here in the DIHALS section with fear, you guys are always willingn to lend your opinions and expertise. So, thank you.

I’m a long time twitcher. 2+ years now. With every other perceived symptom under the sun. Heavy limbs, weakness, etc...

Something that’s new now, is my voice. I’ve had perceived nasal/slurred speech issues in the past, admittedly. All was in my head. But, these last couple of weeks, I’ve had a consistent hoarse voice. Voice seems to be strained when speaking. No slurring that I’m aware of or have been made aware of. Just consistant hoarseness. No sickness or allergies to speak of.

I am making an appointment with GP for this issues, but I was curious if anyone has had or seen voice issues as a starting symptom?

Thank you for any and all input.

-B

Likelihood is hoarseness stems from GERD, allergies, dry air, etc. but your GP can tell you more. ALS would be way down on any list of "reasons for hoarseness without slurring [or other weakness]."

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back