Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Houston
I have bulbar onset ALS. So far I'm doing really well and feel blessed in comparison to others. I hate this disease and I think that has helped me continue to fight. Anyway...

I woke up this morning and the right jaw hurts. Thought maybe I was grinding my teeth overnight. But 4 hours later it's still pretty painful. Anyone have this happen?

Thanks
Wes

Hi Wes-I saw that nobody had answered your post but hopefully they will soon. I was wondering if, since your face and throat muscles are probably weaker, could you have somehow dislocated your jaw just a little during your sleep? If you take a OTC painkiller like advil or tylenol and it still bothers you later today I'd go to my GP. Another thought: You're not running a fevor are you? Cindy

Hi Cindy,

My face and throat muscles are still in pretty good shape and no fever. I may have punched myself and dislocated my jaw:mrgreen: :oops:
6 hours later and it's still pretty sore. Eating breakfast was an interesting treat. I'll try a tylenol or advil and see if that helps.

Thanks Cindy
Wes

OK.. No fevor most likely means it is not infected glands or something. (A little doctoring-by-a-Mom, here.) I know whenever I hurt myself (fall from time to time) my GP says to take an OTC painkiller and if is is still sore then come in. He says painkillers work on the muscles but if I did something to a bone the pain won't go away. And he's board-certified as a doctor. Not just a Mom, LOL. Cindy

Hi I may be TMJ Sometimes when we are under stress we grind our teech or clench our jaws. Maybe a ear or tooth problem Give it a couple of days then see a dentist He can evaluate you for TMJ Take care Pat

Thank you ladies. It's starting to feel a little better after taking a couple ibuprofen. Going to give it another day or 2 and if it persists will call my buddy that is a dentist.

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back