00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
LA
Hello, I am 33/m.
I have extreme anxiety for some time over Bulbar ALS.
At first I had twitching in my legs. Mainly at rest. Sometimes it moves to my face, rarely arms/body. On my face its mainly lips and left eye.

So next thing I noticed is a trouble swallowing and my tongue stiffness. It was almost like a problem at the base of the tongue.
Swallowing if really hard for saliva. I just cant get it down.
My jaw is extremely sore and stiff on both sides.

And the last symptom is that I can't finish my yawn. I open my mouth but on the last stage I feel like I dont know what to do so I just close my mouth and I don't feel like I satisfied my urge to yawn.

My twitching is all over the place and it all makes me really anxious.
Thanks for your time.

I forgot to mention that I also have vibration in the sole of my foot. And when I move my neck it feels like there is a limp, my thyroid gland is fine. Muscles feels tights around neck. I wonder if some of my yawning muscles already failed? I cough and have a sore feeling in the neck too.

Hello.
Today I noticed that I have almost constant urge to yawn.
this thread seems to apply for sure.
WIth other symptoms I have serious concerns!

Best guess from reading "extreme anxiety" is that you're stressed out, which magnifies any twitching (as you will have read, twitching in lots of places at once is very common, and not part of ALS), and are grinding your teeth in your sleep. After you have seen a doctor to rule out infections and things of that nature, you might ask your dentist to evaluate your teeth and consider a nightguard.

There's no reason to think of ALS, bulbar or otherwise, that I can see. However, an urge to yawn for people that don't have ALS, most often signals insufficient refreshing sleep. So all in all, if you continue stressed, counseling, even by video, might be a consideration as well. You can record video of your sleep and see if there are any breathing issues or if you can see/hear teeth grinding. But a dentist can also see that by looking at your teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back