Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
City
Memphis
Hi everyone - again! Concerned about Bulbar. Trouble swallowing solids and accidentally biting cheeks, inside of lower lip and tongue since January. Some neck discomfort. No speech changes. No tongue facs and no weakness in limbs that I can discern. What does Bulbar onset swallowing feel like? Is biting cheeks,tongue and lower lip early symptoms? Last EMG was 9/20 and I assume that’s of little probative value now? Thanks for any help?

Tom, I'll refer you to your own excellent post from 2020. You do not have ALS. Bulbar symptoms are not as you describe and absent functional impairment, you present no reason for another EMG (which would be #4 if I have the count right).

I would suggest checking in with a dentist to look at your bite and your PCP to talk about allergies, dry mouth, and possible inflammation as regards your neck.

Last edited:
3 years, 31 posts, and no ALS symptoms or diagnosis. Why, then, do you come here year after year? You describe nothing of what bulbar onset is so, in light of so many posts and a ongoing worry about a disease you don't evidence having, perhaps talking to a professional will get you over the hump of your nosophobia.

Only you can decide, however, if you wish to live your life, be grateful for the health you have, or come to this forum time and time again, questioning terminally ill folks, in an attempt to scratch you health anxiety Itch. The choice is yours.

Good luck to you and I hope you can find happiness and peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back