Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CO
City
DENVER
Hi all, 33M from Denver (GO AVS) I have been having full body muscle twitching (as well as twitching on the face and tongue) for a couple months now. I have also been having Neck and Jaw stiffness, feeling like my cheeks are sunk in, a lump feeling in my throat, and i feel like it is hard to articulate some times. I had a EMG back in March. They tested my deltoids and both my traps. Everything came back Normal. I was curious if this sounded like Bulbar ALS? and if the EMG on those body parts would have caught bulbar ALS?

I appreciate your time,
Thank you
Nick

Full body twitching points away from ALS, fortunately. Yes, the EMG would have "caught" ALS wherever it began. I would look to explore allergies, GERD, dry mouth, sleep, and diet, and stay in touch with your internist.

Best,
Laurie

I agree - no, doesn't sound like bulbar onset (my husband died of that), and yes, the EMG would have caught it.
All the best

Appreciate both of you Response, I scheduled an appt with a ENT for next week and hope to get some answers than

God Bless!

I was wondering if the feeling of post nasal drip that gets stuck in the throat is a sign of Bulbar Als? I can swallow and I am not choking but I feel like when I'm not eating or drinking it's hard to swallow.

No. It sounds like allergies , a cold or sinus issue.

Perhaps Otrivin would clear up your nasal drip.

I went to the ENT and the Scheduled a Swallow Study. I have gotten so anxious because it feels like it is becoming so hard to speak. I also feel like my Tongue 100% has Atrophy. What does tongue Atrophy General Look like?

The ent would have seen it if you had it and it does not occur overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back