Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
orlando
Hi,I been having symptoms since about 26 months.
Last EMG done 2 months ago,was normal got diagnosed with BFS.
Ok,symptoms keep going south, weakness Not clinical but i can tell difference.( perceive?)
Slurred speech,voice change ,twitching face,neck,tongue.
Tongue feels heavy ,pain on back of tongue.
Trouble swallowing.
lots of throat clearing.
Left arm feels heavy.
Twitching all over body.
Left side of face feels heavy.
Have done 5 EMG's so far everyone of them " normal"
None of the has tested tongue.
dr took a look at my tongue and said its normal besides twitching.
I don't want to be rude or sound crazy but symptoms are getting worst and I don't know what else to do.
Should I ask for another EMG and test Tongue?
Was looking for my old post but its closed.
Thanks for advice and comments.

Btw 38 yrs old male.
Normal clinical exam.

Sounds like you don't trust your doctor, or you wouldn't be here.

Try Dr August Joseph on Lee Road.

No clinical weakness in 26 months since onset?
Another EMG is unlikely to change the advice you have been given and more likely to delay the improvement you seek.
Ask your internist about medication to alleviate your symptoms, consider talk therapy as a way to deal with your feelings about your illness, return to a neuro if/when another professional perceives clinical weakness or atrophy.
I would also focus on diet, nutrition, exercise (your left side may be overcompensating for a tight right side, for example; Tai Chi is a great balancer) and stress reduction via doing activities that you enjoy. All the best.

Hi,I been seeing him for the last few months. He prescribed some sleep med and something for twitching.

No clinical weakness in 26 months since onset?
Another EMG is unlikely to change the advice you have been given and more likely to delay the improvement you seek.
Ask your internist about medication to alleviate your symptoms, consider talk therapy as a way to deal with your feelings about your illness, return to a neuro if/when another professional perceives clinical weakness or atrophy.
I would also focus on diet, nutrition, exercise (your left side may be overcompensating for a tight right side, for example; Tai Chi is a great balancer) and stress reduction via doing activities that you enjoy. All the best.
Maybe the bulbar symptoms are the weakness?
Btw they're pretty scary.:?:

Sounds like you don't trust your doctor, or you wouldn't be here.

Try Dr August Joseph on Lee Road.

Hi,I been seeing him for the last few months. He prescribed some sleep med and something for twitching.

You need to stop obsessing about ALS.

I would imagine they did test your bulbar region, they do not stick needles into the tongue.

Honestly, I know you are scared, but 26 months and 5 EMG and you won't believe anyone? You have been posting here since March last year. It is time to move on, for your own good.

Health anxiety causes people to obsess about their symptoms and refuse to believe all medical evidence.

Go back to your doctor and keep working on your issues and stay off this site as it is only helping to feed your anxiety.

All the best with your health issues, sorry we can't help you any further, we need our energy for ALS only.

You need to stop obsessing about ALS.

I would imagine they did test your bulbar region, they do not stick needles into the tongue.

Honestly, I know you are scared, but 26 months and 5 EMG and you won't believe anyone? You have been posting here since March last year. It is time to move on, for your own good.

Health anxiety causes people to obsess about their symptoms and refuse to believe all medical evidence.

Go back to your doctor and keep working on your issues and stay off this site as it is only helping to feed your anxiety.

All the best with your health issues, sorry we can't help you any further, we need our energy for ALS only.

Tillie
I been off the forum for months.
Been on "treatment for more then 20 months,pills,therapy,massages,exercise,salt baths,etc,etc...nothing seems to improve.
Taking anxiety depression meds for more than a year plus therapy.

I hope this is all a mind trick and nothing more.

What part of 'since you don't have ALS you don't belong here' don't you understand

Neuro appointment tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back