Not open for further replies.

Chrisbarr91

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi guys first of all im sorry for this post I have tried todo alot of digging to no avail.

I just wanted to get a better understanding of bulbar onset which were the first symptoms as for about a week now I have had bad jaw clenching,to the point I don't realise I am doing it. Also when eating my jaw gets very tierd speech seems to be fine and also swallowing isn't the best feels as tho I have alot of mucus build up and im yawning alot for no reason. over the last week I have also had muscle atrophy all over the body but its worse in my shoulders and I lost about 4 pounds in a day I feel as tho im getting weaker by the day could anyone shed any light on this please thank you all again

What has your doctor said? It's recommended for the first stop to be your doc.

Sounds like you need to see a doc, for sure. I don't think you have ALS, bulbar or otherwise. You might need a night guard for your jaw, help with allergies, etc. But clearly you are in a state. Do see your GP.

Only a doctor can help you, please see one, don't ask if you have ALS, just present your symptoms.

High sorry for the questions I didn't mean to offend anyone or try to get a diagnosis I just wanted to no what to look for as my symptoms are getting worse as the days go by i think its respiritory and not bulbar I have been to my doctor and they are currently testing for celiac disease I will find out Tuesday on that but since then I have had very shallow breathing also lots of saliva I get headaches for no reason and when I cough its feels like I cannot cough hard enough to clear anything I also cough after eating and drinking im plus with what I commented with on my original post thank you for your responses I really do appreciate them

You may want to consider a sleep study and a pulmonary function test. Work with your doctor and tell her/him your exact symptoms.

There is no offence, you just need to understand that the only place you can really get answers is with a doctor that is examining you and discussing findings and possibilities in context with what they find.
Take notes of any symptoms or patterns you notice, discuss with your doctor and see what they say.
I don't like advising anyone to tell their doctor what they should do, look for, or test for. Just report clearly what is happening and let the trained medical professionals work with you to solve.
I truly hope you get some answers soon and a return to full health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back