00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Aliso Viejo
Hi everyone!

After months of weeding through the possibilities of what I could have, my mind always comes back to ALS. My story is months long and my symptoms run the gamut. I'm here specifically to find out if my neck and jaw fasciculations indicate something serious. They are always on the left side. I also have the globus sensation and have to constantly clear my throat. I've always slurred my words, but it seems to be getting worse. That could just be because I'm focusing on it a lot more these days. Thanks for taking the time to read my post! Any response is really appreciated!

I don't see any reason for concern. As you will have read in the stickies, fasciculations in themselves are rarely serious.

If no one else notices a problem or change with your speech, it's probably not an issue. Needing to clear your throat and feeling it's sore or swollen most often relates to GERD, allergies, a salivary stone, or an infection. A doctor can help you narrow this down. If it's none of these things, it's probably anxiety and that is something that finding more things to do that you enjoy, and/or counseling can help.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back