Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
City
Edmonton
I've been having issues for about a month now, I will try and keep it short (23 M):
-Difficulty swallowing
-Perceived slurred speech (Especially with "s" sounds, has not been pointed out by others but I feel as if I am slurring)
-Fasciculations constantly all over the body (cheeks, throat, neck, shoulder, triceps, calves, quads, core)
-Involuntary biting and jaw movements

I have went for swallowing test and esophagus barium exam, the swallowing test showed a little food being stuck in throat but nothing else. I guess I'm just wondering how this disease begins to manifest, especially the slurred speech. Does it just begin one day or is it progressive? Any evaluation is greatly appreciated and thanks for all you guys do.

-J

Also forgot to include:
-Jaw trembling

Leading reasons for all that--
lack of hydration, nutrition, sleep, stretching and/or inner peace ...dry mouth/throat, allergies and/or GERD. Thus, things to try include a dry mouth spray, nasal steroid and/or diet changes, as well as not eating or using a screen within a few hours of bedtime.

A video appointment with your GP may help you narrow these down, as may a symptom/food diary.

One thing feeds on another. You have not named any reason to fear ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back